Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For your info the reduced road tax of £110.00 only applies to euro4 commercial vehicles registered before 2007. These will remain at the reduced rate,. However vehicles registered in from 1st January 2007 will have to pay £170. :cry:

·
Registered
257 Posts
A bit unfair that is it not. :x

Have you checked this with the Dvla.

What's the chances that the dvla will get it wrong when it comes time to pay for next years tax disc as only Navaras which were compliant between Sept 06 and Jan 07 will qualify.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yep, that appears to be right. Here is an extract from the Dvla web site.

Light goods vehicles TC39
Light goods vehicle registered on or after 1 March 2001

Light goods vehicles
12 months rate £ 170.00
6 months rate £93.50

Euro 4 light goods vehicles TC36
Euro 4 light goods vehicles registered between 1 March 2003 and 31 December 2006.

In the 2006 Budget, the Chancellor announced that the Euro 4 emissions standards for vans will become mandatory for all vans registered after 31 December 2006. As a result of this, the Euro 4 Light Goods Vehicle taxation class (TC 36) will be closed to new entrants from 1 January 2007. From this date, any newly registered vehicle of this type will fall to be licensed in the Light Goods Vehicle taxation class (TC 39).

Please note: Vehicles that have been registered and licensed in TC 36 before 1 January 2007, will remain in there and continue to receive the concessionary rate of duty.

Euro 4 lights goods vehicles
12 months rate £110.00
6 months rate £ 60.50

·
Registered
566 Posts
Matt,
Sorry mate but Euro 4 was an Oct 1 2006 change (Roughly).
That means that yours is a Euro 3.

Ching, ching! £170 please sir!

·
Registered
203 Posts
damn crappy government! And they tried to charge me nearly 8k for having a company Nav. Luckily got around that one though!

So £170 not too bad I 'spose, in the grand scheme of things.

Matt

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matty said:
damn crappy government! And they tried to charge me nearly 8k for having a company Nav. Luckily got around that one though!

So £170 not too bad I 'spose, in the grand scheme of things.

Matt
How did they try charging you 8k?
Should i be worried. I've just ordered one as a company vehicle as I thought it would be treated as a light commercial (van)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts