Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I’m having problems with my d40 navara I have recently purchased. I have read about every thread on this page related to my problem and still no fix. My d40 at first had no boost and smoked extremely bad quickly figured out it was the boost solenoid bought a new one and that made a good improvement but didn’t not fix the issue fully. It is still way down on power/boost and still smokes excessively on acceleration. So Ives changed
boost solenoid
Cleaned maf
Full service
Reset ecu and pump
Blocked egr
I am now completely stumped and wondering if my turbo itself is failing cheers

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Hi guys I’m having problems with my d40 navara I have recently purchased. I have read about every thread on this page related to my problem and still no fix. My d40 at first had no boost and smoked extremely bad quickly figured out it was the boost solenoid bought a new one and that made a good improvement but didn’t not fix the issue fully. It is still way down on power/boost and still smokes excessively on acceleration. So Ives changed
boost solenoid
Cleaned maf
Full service
Reset ecu and pump
Blocked egr
I am now completely stumped and wondering if my turbo itself is failing cheers
Welcome along.

Guessing you have read this, but is the actuator on the turbo pulsing at idle?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea it seems to be pulsing fine i am no wondering if it’s my nps on the gearbox ? Just seems like I’m only getting half the power I am meant to be getting it’s hopeless uphill

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
It's unlikely to be the NPS, but they are cheap enough so worth a try.

I assume you changed the fuel filter?

The boost control sounds ok, it might be the turbo bearings gone, if you pop off the intake you can feel for play.
Worth checking the intake and turbo hoses

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when I got it, it had a spilt vacuum line not sure for how long either so I figured that’s what killed the boost solenoid but I was wondering if it could have created any other issues ? I’m not sure how long it was run like that so might have to pull off intake and give that a full clean out also

Yea doing the fuel filter today as they had to order it in but I assumed because I still had black smoke it was still probably running rich. And yea that’s my last stop is pulling off the hoses to check turbo play as I’m still thinking it’s lacking in boost pressure. Ives checked everything for leaks retightened all the clamps ect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
when I got it, it had a spilt vacuum line not sure for how long either so I figured that’s what killed the boost solenoid but I was wondering if it could have created any other issues ? I’m not sure how long it was run like that so might have to pull off intake and give that a full clean out also

Yea doing the fuel filter today as they had to order it in but I assumed because I still had black smoke it was still probably running rich. And yea that’s my last stop is pulling off the hoses to check turbo play as I’m still thinking it’s lacking in boost pressure. Ives checked everything for leaks retightened all the clamps ect.
Injector Cleaner in your fuel always Makes a big difference.Thats if you haven’t already tried that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts