Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 NP300 Tekna has just started filling the cab full of fumes when I reverse onto my drive. Has anyone had this problem and solved it? I’m hoping I don’t need a new exhaust.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the air vent at the back of the cab behind the rear seats.
Thanks that looks easier said. Thought they may fold down but looks like they have to be removed to access. Darn it. Might the air vent be stuck open?

·
Administrator
15,894 Posts
Yes, they don't fold forward on the D23.

Have a look at outside, there is a vent either side at the bottom. Just a visual check really.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn’t see between the hardtop and the rear of the cab so I washed it and hosed down the area in case it was dirt. Fingers crossed it seems to have solved the problem. MOT is due so I guess I’ll find out. Thanks for the help. I did have a look at the exhaust and didn’t see anything obvious.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2016 NP300 Tekna has just started filling the cab full of fumes when I reverse onto my drive. Has anyone had this problem and solved it? I’m hoping I don’t need a new exhaust.
Just a suggestion, I think you will find a cabin filter behind the rear seat. Perhaps it is fitted poorly, or it may be missing altogether.
A Richo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Passed its MOT with no advisories a couple of days ago and the fume problem is back. I think I’ll have to see if those back seats unbolt and have a look behind them. Frustrating!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well this is odd. The problem seemed to be ok and then as I was pulling up to park forwards today the cab filled up with fumes. I popped the bonnet and exhaust smoke was coming out from the engine bay. Don’t know exactly where the leak was coming from but no idea why it was only in reverse before and why it would be so intermittent. There’s no change to the drive of the vehicle at all.
Got home. Started the engine and popped the bonnet to demonstrate and no fumes or exhaust smoke to be seen!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don’t know I’ll have a snoop about today now the engine is cold. I found a similar issue trawling on here which seemed to suggest it may be related to the EGR. I’m suspecting it’s a garage job :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts