Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Pathfinder 2006 R51 2.5 manual
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
finally got time to find an exhaust blow ive been hearing for 8 month! Offside rear silencer, the one that's under the rear passenger seat. The seam is broken and blowing out exhaust. Ive had a look for replacement parts, that seems simple enough, but is this realistically a diy job? everything looks accessible from underneath, and i assume bolts will potentially be a pain, but are these parts all simply clamped together (thats how it looks)? Is it worth attempting a repair of the seam? How much would a blowing exhaust silencer in that position affect power/smoke out the back on acceleration?
cheers!
Clive

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would tend to fit it a while new system, but actually provided you have new fittings it is an easy job to replace the individual components.
thank you, i have considered a whole new system but maybe its too close to Christmas and ive other repairs on other cars to consider. Think i might try swap out the silencer for now, then new system next year :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah yes, I haven't used them for years I'll have a look. Cheers!
Would a 20 quid welding job not suffice....?
I guess, but I dont know any friendly welders! I mean it's a fair point. It really is just the seam that's blown (I guess it's a cheap silencer). I am considering giving it a good scrub/clean and see if I can paste it but it's probably not worth it. .

·
Administrator
4,937 Posts
You can get those silencer bandages from auto parts shops which in theory would work, but how good they are I don't know!

Reactions: Clivvy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts