Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at last i have my Aventura auto, i can see why everybody loves these trucks now, drives lovely lots of toys etc .

Anyway here's a few pics on the way back from the dealer, it won't look like this for much longer, got lots of goodies going on tommorow hopefully :wink:

I'll post new pics when the bling is done.

Cheers Steve :wink:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Gleaming !!! :D :D

Someone else seems to be getting very flash with the little cartoons too!! :wink:

·
Premium Member
23,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha! yeah very pleased with it, the plan was to go and get it, then back home and start fitting the bling, but i just kept driving around :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Lil'Trucker! said:
Haha! yeah very pleased with it, the plan was to go and get it, then back home and start fitting the bling, but i just kept driving around :D :D :D
Thought you'd be driving about :wink: luckily i had over 100 miles to do to get back home 8)

·
Premium Member
23,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi mate, yeah got most of stuff on, roll bar and roll n lock fitted with "C" channels is a bit tricky, as rails get in the way of nuts and bolts for roll bar.
Should all be done today though, will get pics up later.

Steve :wink:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Lil'Trucker! said:
Hi mate, yeah got most of stuff on, roll bar and roll n lock fitted with "C" channels is a bit tricky, as rails get in the way of nuts and bolts for roll bar.

How did you cut the roll n lock boxing by the cab :?

·
Premium Member
23,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rich said:
Lil'Trucker! said:

How did you cut the roll n lock boxing by the cab :?
Hi Rich, i cut away part of the roll n lock upstand with a 5" grinder, and did a tidy up with a dremmel, same goes for the roll n lock lid, i worked out what had to be cut away, marked it with a compass and cut it out with a dremmell, i used some black rubber tube to cover the edges, similar to how stubeedoo did his.

I might have pic, so i'll post it.

Anyway i finished fitting everything today, i got my wheels to this afternoon, really has transformed the overall look of the truck, i'm well pleased with it now, gonna wash it tommorow and i'll get some new pics up :wink:

Edit:

Here's a few pics Rich, first of all i positioned the roll bar on top of the roll n lock cannister, my sone held the bar in place so i could mark it:

Just marking where the upstand has to be cut:

Here it is cut out, just has to be cleaned up a bit:

I then carried on fitting the roll n lock, and bolted the front section of roll bar before cutting and fitting the roll n lock lid.

Now the fun part was fitting the rear section of roll bar, as where i drill the mounting holes was right next a body strengthener, so it was imposible to get a nut on the bolt, also the roll n lock rails stopped me getting my hands in to fit a nut.
So on the rear section i used M10 rivnuts, it was quite easy then.

Wasn't too bad a job to do, just needs a bit of patience i'd say.

I was thinking though, that because your roll n lock is already fitted, unless you wanted remove it which i doubt you do?, youll have to cut out the upstand very carefully as you don't want to slip with the dremmel etc :shock:

Anyway hope this makes some sense mate?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep, I cut the upstand on mine using the dremel, as it was already fitted and I didn't want to remove it... was a bit nerve-wracking tho, waving a dremel around so close to the bodywork!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts