Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought the mirrors from a 2015 ST-X for the indicators and folding, and tried installing them on my 2018 ST. I can see that my car has all the wiring that matches the mirror, but only the mirror adjustment works, and the RH mirror folds, neither of the indicators work. I also bought the drivers side door control for the folding mirror button.

I've even watched a tutorial for a Clearview mirror installation on YouTube that says the ST and ST-X both have the same wiring.

My model car is early 2018 just before they brought in the surround view which was mid 2018, but I do not think that'll affect anything.

I've tested the mirrors by both using a 12V battery and connecting the pins following the wiring diagram, and the indicators and folding does work. I've also swapped the pins on the mirror from the indicator to the mirror adjustment to see if it'll work from the power of the car, which it did, and the indicator would come on when I tried adjusting the mirror.

I'm not sure if there is a fuse missing or something, I couldn't find anything about it in the workshop manual, so it has me stumped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have bought the mirrors from a 2015 ST-X for the indicators and folding, and tried installing them on my 2018 ST. I can see that my car has all the wiring that matches the mirror, but only the mirror adjustment works, and the RH mirror folds, neither of the indicators work. I also bought the drivers side door control for the folding mirror button.

I've even watched a tutorial for a Clearview mirror installation on YouTube that says the ST and ST-X both have the same wiring.

My model car is early 2018 just before they brought in the surround view which was mid 2018, but I do not think that'll affect anything.

I've tested the mirrors by both using a 12V battery and connecting the pins following the wiring diagram, and the indicators and folding does work. I've also swapped the pins on the mirror from the indicator to the mirror adjustment to see if it'll work from the power of the car, which it did, and the indicator would come on when I tried adjusting the mirror.

I'm not sure if there is a fuse missing or something, I couldn't find anything about it in the workshop manual, so it has me stumped.

Hi Malcom,
I am also interested in doing the same thing and have watched the video etc. Did you find out what the problem was?

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Stuart, I never found out exactly what the problem was, but I think it was to do with the BCM. Seeing as it has all of the wiring, I can only assume the BCM wasn't sending the power through the wiring. So, I just created my own loom, and posted what I did to another forum. I'll just copy and paste it here.

For the indicators I ran two wires through the bonnet release grommet running one to each side indicators where I soldered them onto the white wire, and encased the wire in a loom and wrapped it in electrical tape, then ran them under the dash through to each door, then fed the wires through the door grommets and ran the wires along the existing wiring harness in each door up to the mirror.

But before I connected anything I modified the wires on each mirror before installing onto the car.

for the R/H mirror I stripped the "Fold open" and "Fold Close" wires and soldered on a 100mm length on cable with a female spade connection on each one. And I disconnected the green "RH Flasher" from the plug and made another 100mm length on cable with a female spade connection on one end, and a pin on the other, connected the pin to the wire and wrapped it in tape.

The L/H mirror was easier, I just disconnected the "Fold Open", "Fold Close" and the "Flasher" wires from the plug, and made a 100mm wire for each one, all with a female spade connection and a pin on each end.

So, once I modified the mirrors, I ran my loom of three different coloured wires through the RH door, through the door grommet (took me 20 minutes to get it through) and stopped at the bonnet release cable, just above the accelerator where I ran my Flasher wire through the bonnet release grommet and into the engine compartment, where I encased the wire in a loom and completely wrapped it in electrical tape, then ran it to the RH side indicator zip-tying it neatly along and out of the way. I then stripped the white wire on the side indicator and soldered on my wire.

I also added another flasher wire at this point, also passing it through the bonnet release cable, doing the same thing with it, but running it to the LH side indicator. Still stripping the white wire and soldering on my wire.

Then, back inside the car, I wrapped the LH Flasher wire and the remaining two wires from the RH door in electrical tape, then passing it over the pedals and under the dash to the LH door, I took out the glove box to help see. I dislodged the LH door grommet from both the door and car then fed my wiring harness through the hole of the car, then through the grommet and into the door (same as the RH side) running my harness along the pre existing harness in the door up to the mirror.

Once I had my harness through to both doors of the car, I crimped a male spade connection to all the wires in my harness then connected them to the wires I modified on the mirror, once I installed the mirrors.

Now all features of the mirror work, and I didn't need to pierce any grommets. For the wires I used 7.5A automotive and marine cables.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great, thanks for the reply Malcom.
Did you change over your window/mirror control panel for one with a folding mirror switch like the STX comes with?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did, I got the drivers side door card from a wrecked ST-X and just swapped mine out for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also upgraded the indicators on the mirror itself, after I installed them I realised they were quite feint, and bought an aftermarket pair which are much brighter. You can see the difference in this video.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts