Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a fan of Morocco since my first trip 35 years ago, and in the intervening time have visited more than 25 times, spending more than 15 months there in total. I've been searching for land to buy in the Middle Atlas. There are considerable snowfalls in winter months which is why I bought the Navara.

Normally I travel by large motorbike (BMW R1200GS Adventure) but this trip decided to take a small bike in the back of the Outlaw. May is a wonderful time to visit the country as it is soooo green.

Fields full of wild flowers at this time of year

The volcanos of the Middle Atlas

Snow flurries coming over the Col du Zad

Lazy way to load the bike

Piste south of Ouarzazate

I use Garmin SatNav as there are lots of maps and waypoint files for Morocco

Close to Adgz

East of Errachidia

Reservoir of the Ziz river

Souvenir of the French Foreign Legion (legion 3, 1st battalion)

On the tracks of the Middle Atlas

Tim

Another thread from this recent trip (Desert Structures of Hannesjörg Voth)
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231286

My Morocco Knowledgebase
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89396

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just one word is needed.

Wow!

Steve

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Tim

Great pics...............

Small World.....we crossed paths a while back in Morocco......North of Todra if I remember. Funny how it falls into place [although the Moroccan regulars are quite small] but I was reading your posts on other sites [Sahara-Overland] and had no idea it was you.

I am taking the bike, a Yamaha XT660X, over to Morocco in a few weeks with the Navara, but will stick it on a trailer.......Too old for the long runs now I fear.......Great for whizzzing around [the bike] Marrakech on and I am going to the Reggie/Gnaoua music festival at Essouara......so good for parking etc.........

Anyway, I think I will move future Nav/Morocc etc to another topic heading.......as this is heading way off subject............Hope we meet again some time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
detourer said:
I am taking the bike, a Yamaha XT660X, over to Morocco in a few weeks with the Navara, but will stick it on a trailer..
As you say, what a small world. I think a trailer is a better solution than the pickup bed. The reason I had reversed the Outlaw into the ditch to load the XR400 was because the engine refused to start and I couldn't load it up the ramp by myself.

Have a great time in Essouria, I just love the music. I managed to see the last day of the Roses Festival at Kelaa M'Gouna.

Maybe see you on the road again sometime!
Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts