Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These will probably get some negative comments but it’s worth asking the question . I’ve got a wheel package that I’ll be fitting which is 285 70 17 on 17x7 wheel with an offset of zero . I’m not sure how much the wheels/tyres may poke out yet . Spacers may be needed as the wheels are steels and may need moving away from the brake calipers I’ve read . But that was on a 16” wheel .

I’ve don’t want to get the ABS style kut snake ones . I’ve seen these and they look like they would do the job to just add a bit of extension over the tyres . Has anyone used these before or know of anybody that has ? Thanks

Rubber Flexi Wide Arch 65mm Wide Fender Flares 4x4 Offroader land cruiser patrol | eBay

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also. You won’t need spacers for the brakes on the 17x7 wheels. Not sure if the tyres would rub the chassis without them running the 285’s! Hope you have done your lift ready for those bad boys. Have the angle grinder at the ready too haha! I’m running et 5 and 30mm spacers. My tyres used to stick out about 35/40mm. Hence the rubber arches.

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also. You won’t need spacers for the brakes on the 17x7 wheels. Not sure if the tyres would rub the chassis without them running the 285’s! Hope you have done your lift ready for those bad boys. Have the angle grinder at the ready too haha! I’m running et 5 and 30mm spacers. My tyres used to stick out about 35/40mm. Hence the rubber arches.
Hi mate I saw those on eBay too ! Yeh mate if you can show me that would be great I’m after somthint quick and easy just to cover the tyres poking out . The lift hasn’t been done yet but I’m just getting myself organised lol the lift kit won’t be here till end of July as it’s from Australia . Tyres and body lift are here though. ! Wheels are coming from Poland so a couple of weeks . How quickly Does the 30mm spacers wear out the wheel bearings ? As I’ve heard they are really weak on these motors ? I got 30mm spacers in my watch list lol once I see yours I’ll decide lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’ll take some pics in the morning. They were from Poland too. Only took about a week to come. He does the 65mm ones too bit I think they would stick out too far. But that’s up to you. I’ve had spacers on my truck for about 2.5/3 years. I’ve changed both fronts once. Personally I don’t think that’s bad at all. And she’s on 110,000 so I don’t know if or when they were done before that? Personally I don’t think they make much difference. I’ve always ran bigger than standard tyres on it too. The arches are easy to fit, literally drill holes and bang screws in lol. You can see the screws if you look, but if you are that bothered you could paint them black or something? I’ll take some pics in the morning

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ll take some pics in the morning. They were from Poland too. Only took about a week to come. He does the 65mm ones too bit I think they would stick out too far. But that’s up to you. I’ve had spacers on my truck for about 2.5/3 years. I’ve changed both fronts once. Personally I don’t think that’s bad at all. And she’s on 110,000 so I don’t know if or when they were done before that? Personally I don’t think they make much difference. I’ve always ran bigger than standard tyres on it too. The arches are easy to fit, literally drill holes and bang screws in lol. You can see the screws if you look, but if you are that bothered you could paint them black or something? I’ll take some pics in the morning
That’s quick delivery just what I need really . I see yours is the 3.5 cm ones I’ll save those and 5cm ones in the watch list . Yeh upload as many pictures as you can for me if possible that would be great if you get some from underneath as well so I can see what it looks like with the screws too . Quite handy knowing someone has them so I can actually see . That’s made me want to get the 30mm ones now ! Lol looking through my paperwork (LOADS of work done) mine has not had any wheel bearings done yet Unless it has but not recorded and it’s on 108k now . When I test fit the wheels can check for any play . If I can go for the 30mm spacers I’ll be bang on that if this rubber kit looks ok!! Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have to excuse the cleanliness. Been out shooting all week

Attachments

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have to excuse the cleanliness. Been out shooting all week
They are just what I want !! Not bothered about the fancy large wide flares I’ll be getting these . I’ll possibly need to go for the 5cm one or reduce the spacer size to 20mm. Did you insert the metal wire through the rubber to make it sit better too ? Or just the rubber and screws . They actually sit nicely onto the arches too

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
Just a quick word regarding steel wheels - the size, unfortunately, cannot determine clear fitment. It's just something you will need to address if there is a clearance issue.

Also, when you are changing offset, and using spacers, one will effect the other. It's not something you can plan unless you were armed with all prospective measurements.

I like the look of those arch trims/extensions.

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a quick word regarding steel wheels - the size, unfortunately, cannot determine clear fitment. It's just something you will need to address if there is a clearance issue.

Also, when you are changing offset, and using spacers, one will effect the other. It's not something you can plan unless you were armed with all prospective measurements.

I like the look of those arch trims/extensions.
Hi mate I’m planning to get the wheels and tyres test fitted and then decide where I want to go with it going to be a lot of hit and miss but that’s the fun of it I guess .. I agree with you on the arch extensions they are nice for what they are . Look good on his truck too

·
Registered
29 Posts
They didn’t come with any wire. I think they are reinforced already. There is very little play in them. I would test fit the wheels and spacers then see what size you want. I thought I would need the large ones but I didn’t. And even though 3.5cm doesn’t sound much, that is how much they stick out. Not the total width of the strip. That’s how much protrudes from the arch

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
And they come long enough to cover the entire arch. Or you can trim they up so they look a little more aggressive like I have. I only got them as I couldn’t be bothered with police hassle. I loved the tyres poking out look lol. Childish, I know haha.

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You don’t lose much arch gap either. I was worried that after lifting it nearly 5 inches I would lose the look with them on the inside of arch. But you don’t. For £50 (without postage) you can’t go wrong!
One thing u would not want is “lose” any lift hahah the tyres still pole out loads don’t they lol lucky for you though as you said your in the country . I know for a fact the truck would get stopped in Bedfordshire lol means they will try to pick for other things . Defo gotta go with the test run first and decide then as I want to make sure I can get it all done in 1 go rather then head back and forth . Thank for the pictures I’m defo going for those style arch lips !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts