Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,my dads nissan is playing up again .nightmare.its clickin when turning the steering,its not the lock stops,as i sorted that.the noise seems to be comming from the front diff area!has any one had this prob or know anything about it.any help would be great thanks.leighton

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like the CV joints are shot to me ... Check the CV 'boots' (always thought that was a silly name) for cracks/splits. Post if you need more info mate.

·
Registered
217 Posts
if when u turn to the direction its a continous knock knock knock then i'd second that it is the cv joint if the boots were gone then you would feel a a shudder at the wheel when at speeds over 80mph or 100mph

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clicking

Hey thanks for the advice.if it is the cv joints ,then that would be bad.the vehicle has only 50k.never been offroad and driven quite well!!!!!!!ill have to strip the axle down and have a look.Has any one ever changed them.Is it a common prob???thanks leighton

·
Registered
217 Posts
not such a big job and need to take the whole axel of!

which ever side it is just remove the hub and wishbone that should give you clear visibilty and working space

you have a d22 or d40 because the d40 is easier to change !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts