Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know ive read it sumwhere on here (but cant find it now) about people having problems locking the drivers door, pull handle a few times and it opens, even when locked.

mines doing it on the second pull of the handle!!

only just got this bought it as a repo. i want to have as many details about problems b4 going in to see nearest nissan dealer.

thanks in advance,

Squire.

G

·
i've never really checked this on my d40...you press the button and assume the doors locked, i do actually look at the lights to see if they have flashed but i'll be checking my door for the next few days now.

ps..found the link..door lock

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
def read it sumwhere, thought it was on this site, but maybe not.

on mine, you lock it with keyfob button, try the handle once, and its locked, try it again, and it opens!! but now and again, it just opens anyway, even though u've heard the doors lock, and seen the lights flash! gotta get it sorted quick!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
sounds like a faulty door locking motor, get it booked in quick mate.

I have problems where the handle ( on the outside ) dosent return in.

You pull hte handle and you have to push the handle back into the door, even after lots of WD 40 sprayed inside its still the same after a few days

·
Registered
37 Posts
door lock

mine's been in and had new motor after a few weeks it's started again :x needs to go back again !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
i tried vigorous testing on mine and no problems.

·
Registered
363 Posts
scarey said:
never used to check the door until i read of this problem, now i do it all the timee..am i paranoid or what.

"Paranoid”! No Not really, I'm for ever going back to the car to check if I've even locked it as I can never remember if I’ve pressed the key fob or not (I think it’s age problem really) Personally I'd be more concerned about them nobly knees of yours if I was you Scarey!

·
Registered
80 Posts
i dunno if its just coincidence or not but.....
if i lock my truck & try the handle within say 1 minute it opens but if i try it after say 5mins it never opens is there some kind of delay? or have i got the intermittant problem.
perhaps someone who does not have the lock probblem could check if it locks instantly for me
seems wierd how problem for people is only on drivers door so thinking there is some sort of delay?
help please

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
there's no DELAY

You lock, it all goes CLUNK and that's locked

There maybe a autoLOck built in if you

Unlock the vehicle and don't open any doors

This then auto locks after 10 Min's, but not sure it its done on the NAvara ?

Ill test tommorrow

G

·
davo105 said:
i dunno if its just coincidence or not but.....
if i lock my truck & try the handle within say 1 minute it opens but if i try it after say 5mins it never opens is there some kind of delay? or have i got the intermittant problem.
perhaps someone who does not have the lock probblem could check if it locks instantly for me
seems wierd how problem for people is only on drivers door so thinking there is some sort of delay?
help please
i know that if you unlock the doors but dont open them ,they then auto lock after about a minute...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well its gone into nissan today to have the door sorted out, so i'll keep you lot informed on what they find

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Re: lock

Madalex said:
if you push the lock button twice on the keyfob the doors can be opened but the alarm starts. wots the point in that.
Doesn't happen on mine?

Tried all sorts and can't get any fault at all with it.

Bob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
typical thing, took it to dealers, they called me at end of day to say it was "all ready" i get there to be told, no fault could be found.....

but went to the Nav played with the door for ages and everythings working fine now, locks proper every time.

u can bet i'll be checkin it lots tho when i leave it parked up sumwhere!

·
Registered
30 Posts
tried mine a few times and no problems..........this may not help the people with probs but just givvin a bit of feedback :roll:

·
Registered
80 Posts
phoned dealer about my door lock problem.he said they know about the problem & had to order in part.booked it in job done .so it is a known problem

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
davo, can u give me the dealer details so i can pass it on, my dealer looks at me with a blank face when i mention it being a known fault

·
Registered
80 Posts
squire the dealer is baileys nissan,canterbury kent ct1 1yy
tel.01227 766777

let us know how u get on

1 - 20 of 25 Posts