Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i'm just wondering how fitting mud terrain tyres will effect my fuel economy? i'm not too bothered just wondering really? Has anyone experianced much difference?

Cheers Craig.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Craigie-boy said:
Hi all i'm just wondering how fitting mud terrain tyres will effect my fuel economy? i'm not too bothered just wondering really? Has anyone experianced much difference?

Cheers Craig.
I have fitted mud terrains.
The consumption has not changed as far as I can see. I have had them on for 3 months now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
att said:
Craigie-boy said:

Cheers Craig.
I have fitted mud terrains.
The consumption has not changed as far as I can see. I have had them on for 3 months now.
How much has the performance/grip on and off road been effected by fitting them? I currently have bridgestone 840's on my truck and they are ok on the road but utter rubbish off road :(

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would say the performance has improved over all areas.
The only time you need to be aware of the limits is in daggy, greasy road surfaces, at the moment for example with all this fog, the rear does break away easier, but then I prefer it like that.
Seems better in the rain and the dry is far better than the original fitments.

Off road goes without saying really, but they are an aggressive pattern and are not grass friendly, they tear the grass away and leave long strips of earth if you give it some, but that is all the fun :D
They can also dig holes if you are too heavy with the right foot, but then you learn by mistakes :lol:

HTH.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers mate, thats good news and a great help, i'm probably gonna get some cooper STT's for my truck in the new year in the hope i'll have more steering and the ability to get out of the ruts when off road! Fingers crossed. 8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I seem to lose about 40-50 miles per tank by running a set of mud and snow tyres (as in proper off road tyres not AT's).

On the original bridgestones I would get 420ish to a tank (70+ litres) now I am lucky if the orange light doesn't come on at 360 miles.

I will also agree on the fact they are much more fun and break away alot easier, it is also easier to keep the back out for longer - on private roads only of course.

Kev

·
Registered
202 Posts
I feel that if you worried about fuel consumption, you would prolly be driving a different motor really.
I must admit I have noticed no difference, but then I have never really monitored what my truck does really, I just know I do not put more fuel in it than before.
My monthly fuel bills are a nightmare with the vehicles that I have anyways. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.