Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my fuel pump a while back took mechanic 16 hours and after that when sat overnight fuel would leak back to tank, especially when parked up hill, not as bad downhill, slowly getting worse where now it does it a lot, don't want to pay for hours of work just to try shut out air leak that only will help starting in morning, it takes a few pumps but still runs well, I put a non return valve in engine bay before filter , still same issue, wondering if it would be worth putting one closer to tank and possibly buying a cheap electric pump (seen one for $15) to prime itself from sitting in cab from a switch. It handles pushing 3-6 psi would that affect in any negative way? I would only use it just to prime after sitting a while, unsure if it would even push enough fuel through to pressurise lines enough, Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions before I spend money and bother with dropping tank , cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also change filter every 3-6 months and use fuel stabilizes / cleaners, never want to have to replace pump again so I take extra precautions, it happens more when I drive long periods and then next morning gets issue. And even parking for an hour can happen.

·
Administrator
15,346 Posts
You can fit an additional electric priming pump, it would need to be near the tank.
Effectively doing the same thing as squeezing the bulb, it wouldn't have to do much.

Do some googling, it seems the Americans like to change to electric on some ford powerstroke.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can fit an additional electric priming pump, it would need to be near the tank.
Effectively doing the same thing as squeezing the bulb, it wouldn't have to do much.

Do some googling, it seems the Americans like to change to electric on some ford powerstroke.
Thanks

·
Administrator
4,911 Posts
Just checking its a quality fuel filter? As the cheeper ones are known for letting air into the system

·
Registered
110 Posts
Facet fuel pumps (genuine) usually work well but use a check valve in parallel and better to wire positive feed to pump from oil pressure switch with a bypass to prime when needed, pressurising the fuel line will also probably show where the fault is as normally it is under vacuum so sucks air.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was air leak, fitted a. Non return valve plus a small fuel pump right on tank, always use before starting and always starts good now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts