Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the nav or pathfinder have an electric pump in the tank to help with the flow ?

·
Premium Member
13,354 Posts
k-4 said:
Does the nav or pathfinder have an electric pump in the tank to help with the flow ?
any help lifted of the web

The same happened to me. The incline has nothing to do with it. It is the check valve that is located in your fuel pump (inside gas tank). It gets stuck sometimes and will give you a hard time starting. You still should be under warranty since the fuel pump is covered under the 60,000 drive train coverage. Before you go back to the dealer (and I strongly suggest you go to another one) contact Nissan USA and tell them that you want to open a case for warranty to cover the check valve. Then they will give you a case number. With this case number you go back to the service manager and tell him to do the

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If any one has the workshop manual ,I would be greatfull if you would look to see if there is a pump in the tank

·
Premium Member
13,354 Posts
k-4 said:
If any one has the workshop manual ,I would be greatfull if you would look to see if there is a pump in the tank
think we may have it to download drop LT a pm

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have a while ago but iam on a iPad and not sure if they would save anywhere ?

G

·
0 Posts
We've had this question before. As lookskyward quotes, there is no fuel pump in the tank on a d40 (well certainly not on an 07 anyways :lol: )

·
Premium Member
13,354 Posts
we are talking pathfinder guys if that makes any difference

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would think there the same But thanks for looking :thumbleft:
Just shows there's plenty of wrong info out there

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The one i quoted
Nissan: Nissan Navara 2.5 diesel:Lack of power after Nissan dealer
Resolved Question:
Nissan Navara 2.5 diesel:
Lack of power after Nissan dealer reset the computer Fault.
Bosch agend and Nissan test the following with out sucsess.
Check boost presure
Change turbo
Check exhaust system for blockage - Cat ok
Tested airflow meter
Replace injectors with new ones
Check vacume pipes to turbo
Check and clean intercooler
Expert:  Matt
Hello

This could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to this are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the inlet to the main engine fuel pump and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.
If both of these are OK then also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

If its a variable vane turbo ( they'll be an actuator on the turbo body - but not a wastegate) then check its vacum pipework as above and check the connections to the diaphram / solenoid valve
Also worth checking that the glow-plug relay is switching off as they can stick on and leave the glow plugs also on - on some cars this can force it into limp home
Also worth considering a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank as a clogged injector nozzle will reduce power and give poor combustion - the next stage on from this is to remove all the injectors and have them ultrasonically cleaned and flow checked
If the above are all OK then try checking for airleaks after the airflow meter, any air dragged in here isn't 'seen' by the ECU and so not compensated for and leans the engine out causing rough running.As its a mechanical fault it tends not to turn on the fault light and you can sometime hear a 'hissing' noise with the engine running.
Check the hose clips for tightness and inspect the trunking for any cracks or splits and also all the vacuum system, the small bore pipes and fittings for cracks and missing parts.
The best way to locate a leak is to have the engine running and warm and then spray lighter gas around each joint in turn. If the engine rev's up you've found your leak.
Work your way through each possible joint one at a time and you should find it. I use a slightly flattened piece of brake pipe and some rubber hose from the can of lighter gas to provide a spraying 'wand' and allow a direct blast of gas into each area, especially those difficult to reach with large implements.

Matt, Engineer
Category: UK Nissan

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just googleing looking for low fuel pressure
I also found that the lads on the t4 forum add a pump at the tank to increase the pressure
And helps after 3500rpm when there running 150 bhp plus
And the new audi s etc have them
All made Sense

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, so does D22 Diesels (VP44 pump) have an in tank pump?

Bought a Navara D22 with VP44 pump that didnt start one morning... Read so much last week i dont know whats up and down longer :rolleyes:. The workshop manual dosnt show a in tank pump but it lacks most of intrest anyway. (Must be an uninoffical version were it all stands like for other cars).

Cheeeers!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Correct, is a liftpump inside the highpressure pump. (VP44). Learned how to hotwire it to test if its mechanical or electronical issue. (Chip blue diesel company explains nice, just google).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts