Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,
Like everybody else, I'm doing more and more night driving as winter draws in... However, I'm finding the wee blue light on the dash seriously bright and a bit distracting (or it is once you notice it! :shock:

I've adjusted the brightness of the dash lights but it does not alter the intensity of the warning lights.

I'm thinking of looking for a small tinted circle to stick over the area on the cover but has anybody else encountered this and done anything different ?

Cheers,

Dunc

PS - Get on - its the weekend !!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got to agree with you, normally you can dim dash lights, but the Navara doesnt seem to have any.
:?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dunc said:
I've adjusted the brightness of the dash lights
I really do need to read my manual - how do you adjust the dash lights?
It's like driving a slot machine at night, dash lights, sat nav, and heater controls all distract from the road IMHO

Good job i only work 1 mile away from home or i'd really have to start complaining :shock:

·
Registered
321 Posts
To dim the dash lights (dont think it dims the warning lights).......

See the button that resets the trip odometer (below the speedo, the right hand one), just turn that either way to increase the brightness or decrease to suit. It has a reostat sign next to it as a clue.

Steve

·
Registered
321 Posts
Dunc said:
However, I'm finding the wee blue light on the dash seriously bright and a bit distracting (or it is once you notice it! :shock:
It is a bit distracting but how many peeps do you drive towards that are oblivious to having their high-beams on?

There is no doubt that you have the high beams on the navara as the blue light is so obvious. Could that be the reason its so bright?

Steve

G

·
<aol>

me too

</AM>

yes - I was thinking of ripping the dash out and sticking a resistor in there - round here its so dark (no residual light light from towns) that its actually blinding...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Me 3
I started by driving with my finger over it (not good).....now i just put a bit of duct tape or whatever i can rustle up to cover it

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm gonna try cutting a +/-2" circle out of window tint and stick that over the instrument cover. Hopefully that will dim it down bit. I'm driving 40 odd miles a day in the dark and the blue light is actually putting me off using full beam.... :(

·
Registered
321 Posts
I hardly use full beam but since I now have HIDS in the D40 then no real need too..........

:wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tomo said:
To dim the dash lights (dont think it dims the warning lights).......

See the button that resets the trip odometer (below the speedo, the right hand one), just turn that either way to increase the brightness or decrease to suit. It has a reostat sign next to it as a clue.

Steve
:wink:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tomo said:
I hardly use full beam but since I now have HIDS in the D40 then no real need too..........
Hmmm.. I might give that a go. My route to and from work is along a number of remote roads which regularly have deer on the verges at this time of year (I think they come to the roadside to eat the salt?). I've had a few near misses and one unfortunate "hit" so I now like to light up as much of the road and verge / bushes as possible. :shock:

Dunc

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought some dark window tint from Halfrauds but had to buy a roll of the stuff. It takes the edge off the brightness so if anybody wants a square to make their own little shape, PM your address and I'll pop a chunk in an envelope :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem in Australia. Cant imagine why more people have not complained about the blue High beam light being "seriously bright" i have logged it with the dealer and let us see what they can do.
Most of my driving is at night, usually all night trips back home about 1000klms south from here. Bloody hard to put up with, I must say even with HID I need plenty of light to see kangaroos, cattle etc that may be on the road.
Does anyone have a fix or is it still the old "duct tape" trick?? :lol:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have window tint over the whole dash display - even with the brightness turned right down it still bugs me

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Maybe it's the height I air at but I don't find it so bad. I drive a lot in the dark, with full beam on as much as possible. What I do find annoying is the reflection off large white signs. I've to dip as I approach them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts