Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

2 mornings now have had a very wet or iced windscreen on the inside, which indicates to me a wet interior? it's cold, but only -2 ish

checked and checked, carpets bone dry, windows done up fully, sunroof shut, no apparent dribbles or leaks under / near dash.

I thought that a wet / iced inside window was proof of a leak, any other ideas please?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
If you have had the heater on, 'spesh if you've had it fairly warm and 'spesh if you've got the air intake set to recirculate, before parking up at night. Then when its turned really cold out side and the screen glass has got cold, the warm air inside the cab will condense onto the inside of the screen. If its become even colder, the condensate will freeze and so you end up with the screen frozen on the inside.

To help avoid it happening . . .
DON'T have your heater set to recirculate, always set it for fresh air.
DO use the A/C to help demist your windscreen in a morning. The A/C will also act as a dehumidifier. Using hot air only will just evaporate the water vapour on your screen, you need to get it out of the cab.
DON'T have wet / rain soaked people in the cab, make 'em walk ;)

You don't need water ingress to cause your problem, just high humidity.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
good one Bob thats great Advice :)

Also on the Auto settings with teh AC on, the AC automaticly clicks on/off even when on heat :)
Its brilliant, and keeps it dry inside.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i leave mine on auto all the time....just set the temp (Normally 21.5) not had any problems :lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know what you have done, you got into a Land Rover by mistake :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,717 Posts
Re:

LOFTY said:
I know what you have done, you got into a Land Rover by mistake :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :wink:

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
Re: Re:

Spirit said:
LOFTY said:

:lol: :wink:
jay look at the date on the post :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
11,717 Posts
I know, just thought i'd try to catch you out, dint work though :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
Spirit said:
I know, just thought i'd try to catch you out, dint work though :lol:
u must be bored :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbleft:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had the iceing up on the inside as well now just put a cloth over each vent on the dash and no more ice problems in the morning romove them an d follow advice above. :thumbleft:

·
Registered
206 Posts
2005 :shock: oh well it's near winter it might help someone. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts