Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I would like to add a few things to the np300, first is an dash cam which I would like to hard wire it and to change the socket in the arm rest to be permanently live. See that the fuse box has space to do this, top part is live when ignition is on and the bottom side is live all the time. I was wondering if anyone has tried to wire in the back of the fuse box and I what I would need.
Cheers kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Far far far simpler to add a piggy back fused circuit.

just search for "piggy back fuse" or "add a circuit fuse" on Ebay and pick the physical fuse size (mini I'd guess) you need.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The fuse block layout is printed on the back of the glove box for when you are deciding what to piggy back off of

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are a couple of free slots I can use which is good, i will look into the nextbase dash it sounds a good choice
Cheers kevin

·
Super Moderator
4,571 Posts
Just a note regarding the piggy back fuses
Athough they are very good and i cant recommend them enough. Make sure you get them the right way round so that the additional cucuit doesnt get its power from the protected side of the original fuse, as both curcuits could easily overload and blow it!

Reactions: Mikey25

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good point, although to negate that as much as possible, try to pick a circuit that isn't used too much....(ie electric mirrors)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a note regarding the piggy back fuses

Athough they are very good and i cant recommend them enough. Make sure you get them the right way round so that the additional cucuit doesnt get its power from the protected side of the original fuse, as both curcuits could easily overload and blow it!
Would you mind explaining that more? I'm guessing you mean which way around you push in the piggy back base? I.e. if the fuses point up or down? Thanks.

2019 (facelift) NP300 in Kent, UK

·
Super Moderator
4,571 Posts
Firstly let me appolagise for the crudeness of the drawing i knocked it up in about 5 minutes using just what i had in the car lol.
So the first pic shows the power coming in and been split to feed the 2 fuses separately which is correct!
However if you put the piggy back in the wrong way round (second pic) you will see the power comes in at the same point but because the piggy back is the wrong way round all the power has to go through the first fuse before its split for the two separate circuits potentially overloading the first fuse
Hope that makes sence lol

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Perfect drawings, thank you. I presume the only way to find out is to remove a fuse and test for live? I'll have a go on the weekend and take some photos once I know which way up the piggy back should be. Thanks again. You should think about a career change and take up CAD drawing!

·
Super Moderator
4,571 Posts
Perfect drawings, thank you. I presume the only way to find out is to remove a fuse and test for live? I'll have a go on the weekend and take some photos once I know which way up the piggy back should be. Thanks again. You should think about a career change and take up CAD drawing!

No problem
Yes just use a meter to test for the live side

Funny you should say that cos ive recently sent my cv to british aerospace ! Ive not heard back yet though, im guessing my interview appointment date is still in the post :happy0071

1 - 14 of 14 Posts