Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi stumbled across this site. About time there was a forum for NAVARA's
I have had my D40 duel cab since march very happy with it. Its a V6 auto in maroon colour. I had a alloy tray put on for work (the standard tray was just not big enough), 40mm higher front springs, 350kg carrying capacity rear leaf springs with heavy duty shocks lifted the rear by about 80mm, wired up for duel battery, rust proofed (for the beach), reverse camera (because i sux at reversing) and a few other things i cant remember at this time.
Hope to join in :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welome's
Bought a cheap set up on e-bay camera,small 2 1/2" monitor and cables for about $120 au dollars ( which is probably about 50 p in uk money)
It worked in colour for a couple of days but then only works in black and white, so i got a new camera with infra red that seems to work better but still in black and white. So im still working on it. It helps to hook up the boat trailor and caravan. Oh....and i havent reversed into anyone lately ....touch wood :D .

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rich said:
did it take much fitting
No
I have a alloy tray on the back of my truck so fitting the camera wasnt a problem. I just powered it up to the reverse light, then ran the cable to the monitor through the chassy and through the fire wall and the monitor just plugs into the cigerette lighter.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zipo said:
navara-au hows the v6 we only get 2.5 tdi's over here
Like a rocket mate...... 265hp/197kw :D
Fuel economy is bab :cry: it uses a third more fuel than the diesel.
We have a choice between the petrol or diesel but im about the only one i know who has the V6 thank god fuels starting to come back down it was $1.15 au today and diesel was $1.25/ltr.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Firestarter said:
g'day mate from a cold Wales :wink:
Yeah its bloody cold here aswell, **** it must be about 25 c outside :lol: roll on summer.

So whats the after market situation over there for the D40'S?
We have stuff just trickling in now .

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
navara-au said:
Its a V6 auto in maroon colour.
:(

shame we didnt have the V6 spec over here :(

welcome to the site mate

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rich said:
navara-au,where did you mount the reversing camera?
Rich i have an alloy tray (flat bed) and mounted mine on a bracket under the tray.
here is a pic of a mounting spot someone on another forum used.

[/url][/img]

·
Registered
3 Posts
wellcome

Hi Navara-au
Hows things going downunder. i left OZ in Febuary after being there for 22years i lived in Rochedale just down the road from you :lol:
it's good to here from someone from sunny Queensland

wellcome and all the best fro Scotland

PAUL

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: wellcome

Buteman said:
Hi Navara-au
Hows things going downunder. i left OZ in Febuary after being there for 22years i lived in Rochedale just down the road from you :lol:
it's good to here from someone from sunny Queensland

wellcome and all the best fro Scotland

PAUL
Hi buteman
You have gone from one of the best yearly climates to cold, wet scotland.................what are you running away from???
I mean i told my wife if she had any more kids i would move to Darwin (too hot for her to follow).....but scotland!!!!
Oh well i guess you have got your reasons :D 8)

Things are going fine down here or up here depends on the way you hold the map :lol:
I hope to go over to fraser or moreton island soon give the navara a run on the sand.
What model are you driving?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi buteman
You have gone from one of the best yearly climates to cold, wet scotland.................what are you running away from???
I mean i told my wife if she had any more kids i would move to Darwin (too hot for her to follow).....but scotland!!!!
Oh well i guess you have got your reasons :D 8)

Things are going fine down here or up here depends on the way you hold the map :lol:
I hope to go over to fraser or moreton island soon give the navara a run on the sand.
What model are you driving?[/quote]

Hi Navara-au, would definitely go over to moreton bloody great place! been over there a few times myself 8) .... let me know how you get on over there, plus as you live in redcliffe the barge is just down the road at scarborough.... :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

london irish said:
Hi Navara-au, would definitely go over to moreton bloody great place! been over there a few times myself 8) .... let me know how you get on over there, plus as you live in redcliffe the barge is just down the road at scarborough.... :)
Hi london irish
Well you obviously know my neck of the woods :D
I have lived here all my life and been over to moreton quite a bit just not in my Navara.
Yes it is a bloody great place unfortunatly it costs about $200 to get over there now :cry: , but its worth it, I go over there in the boat regually fishing.
Here's some pics THEY ARE'NT MINE I JUST BORROWED THEM OFF THE WEB.
http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/gallery/2004moreton?page=3

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.