Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.
Can't find any thread about this (if i'm wrong, please move this content into it).
Did someone replace the yellow light from instrument cluster?
I did mine. Just waiting for the right moment to replace also the display light and reverse the polariser film.

The old light (only picture i have):

And the new:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean?
I removed the cluster from the car and after that, take it apart piece by piece. :grin2:
I'm an electronics engineer. Piece of cake for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That looks so much better, any advice on doing this? Heard it’s a pig to do on a d40?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just ordered the kit while I was getting some led interior lights, let you know how I get on,

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
All great, but do the LEDs work OK with the instrument panel dimmer or not?
I prefer to drive at night with the lowest possible brightness so I can better see out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Heard it’s a pig to do on a d40?
That's not true. Working on european car is 10 times more difficult than on D40 cluster.

Here the cluster board. Used white LED's with ~ 450mcd.
About 1 hour of work. I replaced also the red LED's, to be more bright than the white ones.

Final result:

All great, but do the LEDs work OK with the instrument panel dimmer or not?
I prefer to drive at night with the lowest possible brightness so I can better see out.
No problem with brightness (dimmer) setting. The brightness will be reduced exaclty like the originals. The new white light is not disturbing at all. I either drive often with low brightness.
You can see more pictures and a video in my topic: https://www.nissan-navara.net/23-members-trucks/105007-my-2010-navara-double-cab-4.html

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
No problem with brightness (dimmer) setting. The brightness will be reduced exaclty like the originals. The new white light is not disturbing at all. I either drive often with low brightness.
Dohh! I didn't think.... Of course - you are just replacing existing LEDs with a different colour, and the dimming is electronically controlled from the PCB! Not like say the overhead cabin lighting bulbs....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts