Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only thing I do not like on my Navara, the gear box is for left hand drive 1st gear is in the passenger side. :roll:

The first month I stalled it at most stop's because I had it in third, got the hang of it now. Just aim for the tax disc :lol:

G

·
thats one thing i didnt like when i test drove the six speed navara, its close ratio box..got an auto and its a much better drive...

·
Registered
55 Posts
You`ve lost me mate :?:

All the manual cars I have driven, (RHD or LHD) have had the same shift pattern, aside from one oddball Cortina many, many moons ago.

1st gear has always been on the near-side. :?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
barnyzuki said:
You`ve lost me mate :?:

All the manual cars I have driven, (RHD or LHD) have had the same shift pattern, aside from one oddball Cortina many, many moons ago.

1st gear has always been on the near-side. :?
There is near side and then there is other side of pavement, may be you have long arms. Look at the postion of the gear lever in top gear its deff inclined for a left hand drive motor :roll:

·
Registered
45 Posts
you want to try hgv driving.

range change 8 speed 1-4 normal style flick switch back to 1st which is now 5th go through to 8th.

splitter 1lo flick switch up to 1 high flick switch back to lo as you change to 2nd lo and so on to 4th high (=8th)

12 speed box lo range 1-4 flick to high range then go through high range splitting each gear with another switch

alternate 12 speed 3 position switch 1 lo 1 mid 1 high 2 low etc

16 speed box splitter on all gears low and high range.

early mercedes trucks with 8 speed box
1 3 5 7 or 7 5 3 1
2 4 6 8 8 6 4 2
same year trucks with opposite gear positions

some range change boxes (fuller roadranger for example)

1 4
2 3
just some of the different box patterns we had to get used to. you could be driving a different type each day .
think your self lucky

·
Registered
203 Posts
LHD???

all the cars I've driven 1st gear is always over towards the nearside (passenger side) so I'm used to it, the only thing that gets me is the fact that the Nav has got 6 gears and I always think i'm in 4th when i'm in 6th and try to change up another gear!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.