Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Having some trouble with my D22 3L navara starting..
In getting no glow plug light coming up on my dash and also not getting any click from the relay.
Ive replaced the glow plug relay and checked the fuse still nothing.

Need some help on what to try next?
Is there any way of bypassing the relay to get some heat into the plugs to start up to get me out of trouble?

Thanks
Mick

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Continuity test each glow plug, I suspect some have burnt out, they need to be passing current to trigger the rest of the system.

·
Registered
99 Posts
glow plug relays are not uncommon to burn out on any diesel vehicle.... if you can use a multimeter theres normally around 5 wires... main feed direct from the battery +12v. ign feed +12v (ign on). a good earth 5ohm's or less. check for that first... other wires are output to glow plugs and output to glowplug light.... main feed and glowplug output are normally the thick wires as they carry the power

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ummmm Sorry but ive been away with work.....

Got back today to a fresh set of glow plugs in the letter box. Put them in today still know luck.

Ive checked the spare relay i got form the wreckers and all appears to be fine. replaced engine bay glow plug fuse today also. still nothing.

If i earth out the small wire on the glow relay it clicks over fine and sends current to the glow plugs.
But still no light on in the dash and still wont fire...

Any ideas?? Im all out of things i can think of unless there is something under the dash i can check?

Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
makntracks said:
If i earth out the small wire on the glow relay it clicks over fine and sends current to the glow plugs.
Just so I understand this, under normal conditions using the key, you're not getting any light on the dash, no clicking from the relay and no power to the plugs, but if you short the relay it clicks, sends power to the plugs, doesn't bring on the light, and it still won't start.

Is that correct?

Has this been a gradual thing or had it happened suddenly?

How many keys do you have for the truck and are you using a different key than you normally use?

Has it been left sitting for a long time?

Was there anything done to the radio and is it working?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hamlet said:
makntracks said:
Just so I understand this, under normal conditions using the key, you're not getting any light on the dash, no clicking from the relay and no power to the plugs, but if you short the relay it clicks, sends power to the plugs, doesn't bring on the light, and it still won't start.

Is that correct? Yes correct, still get all normal lights just no glowplug light

Has this been a gradual thing or had it happened suddenly? Just happend one morning

How many keys do you have for the truck and are you using a different key than you normally use? only have 1 key and no remote locking

Has it been left sitting for a long time? hadnt been started in about 3 days. ( we do have a big problem with Ants in fusses ect in as the wet season is just beginning so i thought they would of shorted something.)

Was there anything done to the radio and is it working? Radio is an aftermarket headunit still working fine.
Its like the computer is not letting it start or glow. :eyeroll

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So ive done some more fault finding over the weekend replaced a few worn connectors and picked up a new glow plug fuse.
Still no luck. Ive also manually glown the plugs now and tried to start it and still nothing. so i assume its not letting fuel in either.

ID there a fuel solinoid or anything i can open to get fuel pumped in.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
It sounds like an electrical problem that could be affecting either the NATS or the fuel pump, or both.

As Diggerman says your truck should still start without the glow plugs so your problem is either related to the glow plugs not working perhaps through the NATS, or it's just coincidental that it's stopped working at there same time, but I wouldn't say it's the cause of the non starting.

I'm not sure if the NATS system has any control over the plugs, or that the NATS system is even the problem but it's something to be considered.

The next thing I'd do is crack the injector pipes to see if you're getting fuel, if not you're may be looking at a pump problem, either the pump itself, fuel supply or some control system.

Did you happen to notice if plugs were wet if you removed them after trying to start it?

If you're getting fuel while cranking it I'd be looking at doing a compression test done next but hopefully that's not the problem and you'll get it going before that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need help my d22 was running perfect yesterday. Went to start this morning and nothing,,all the lights come up on the dash,I turn the key and it doesn't even crank over just continuously ticks around the glow plug relay..any help would be perfect

1 - 16 of 16 Posts