Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon Guys,

After some advice. Everything has been running sweet as a nut on the Navara, until today. EML is lit up on the dash and OBD suggests an issue with the glow plugs. I have replaced both the relay and glow plugs prior to this. Now, there is no 'clicking' when switching the ignition on.

Anybody experienced similar? Can anyone guide me as to where the fuse would be for the plugs? I would assume that it would be in a box of it's own - can't imagine it being less than 30-40a.

Cheers,
KrisDLloyd.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you find the reason for the clicking? My 2009 D40 glow plug relay has started intermittently makes a clicking noise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Afternoon Guys,

After some advice. Everything has been running sweet as a nut on the Navara, until today. EML is lit up on the dash and OBD suggests an issue with the glow plugs. I have replaced both the relay and glow plugs prior to this. Now, there is no 'clicking' when switching the ignition on.

Anybody experienced similar? Can anyone guide me as to where the fuse would be for the plugs? I would assume that it would be in a box of it's own - can't imagine it being less than 30-40a.

Cheers,
KrisDLloyd.
Hi just wondering where the actual relay in situated I've got to replace mine but have no idea where it is

·
Super Moderator
181 Posts
The ECU only monitors the control side of the glow plug system so the fault isn't in the glow plugs themselves. Do you own a multimeter? Happy to talk you through diagnosing the system if so. It's quite simple so will not take long to work out what the issue is.

edit: ha, didn't notice it was a revived thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you find the reason for the clicking? My 2009 D40 glow plug relay has started intermittently makes a clicking noise
Hi I have 14 plate d40 where would glow plug fuse be nothing labelled on back of lids ect

·
Super Moderator
181 Posts
Some of the fuses are a different style, It's just how Nissan chose to label them on this car. Often this is the case with the 'higher power' circuits.

Do you own a multi meter?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can get one mate how do I test it,nothing sais glow plug on the fuse boxes so annoying,what do u think it could be

·
Super Moderator
181 Posts
No point guessing. It's a very simple system which is easy to test. I can say that it isn't the glow plugs themselves though as the ECU doesn't monitor that part of the system, only the control side.

·
Super Moderator
181 Posts
Grab your multimeter or test light, remove the glow plug relay (behind the RH headlamp) and test for power at pins 1 and 3 with the ignition on.

Test light is better, multimeter will have to do if you don't have one.

·
Super Moderator
181 Posts
Then you need to check the load and control parts of the system. No point going through how to do that if your fault is in the supply side though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone got anywhere with this, im having the same problem, new plugs and battery yesterday as 1 of the old plugs was dead and the battery failed testing. Glow relay was replace about 12months ago. Cant find a wiring diagram to investigate it further, check engine light is doing my head in, some times it comes on every start sometimes its maybe 1 in 4 starts. Any help would be welcome, cheers.

·
Super Moderator
181 Posts
Have you tried the test 3 posts above yours? The guy before you didn't seem to want to do that for some reason but it is the first thing you need to check. You should do this test with something that draws a current, headlamp bulb in holder is ideal.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts