Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,
Finally found the Navara site after a week of looking and pleasantly surprised that it is so well established :)

I've recently bought an 06 Outlaw with Premium Pack and am chuffed to bits! Now ordered a set of BFG's for the winter so hope it snows this year :roll:

So far I've upgraded the reversing lights and am looking to install a reversing camera. Also need to change the ball on the towbar as its too high for my trailer and the vibrations are not good :shock:

I'm going to carry on trawling about, many thanks!

G

·
welcome dunc (duncan?) to the forum..your not the only one that hopes it snows this winter...we had a wash out down here in the south last year, lets hope this year it snows like mad and all you will see will be navara's pulling l200's out of the snow...

your upgrade to the reversing lights could be of interest to other members so maybe you could a 'how to' for us..

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our house is a wee bit out in the sticks and there are no streetlights... Kinda critical to see out of the back when parking in the drive and the standards reversing light is a bit naff.

Bought a pair of "boy racer" fog lights which come with brackets for mounting - All up, you could almost hold one in a clenched fist so quite compact. Bolted them to the underside of the rear crossmember so they peek out from under the bumper.

Waterproofed the units with silicon grease and tape and wired them back to behind the N/S tail light. Took a live feed from the back of the 12S Caravan socket and bobs your mothers brother.. :D

They produce a nice fan of light out either side of the wagon so jobs a good 'un. 8)

G

·
i think i've done the same as you but with my fogs...theres a underside bumper bolt which goes through the light bracket..

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very similar - Behind the bumper there is a crossmember with some holes in it - they are on that so they peek under the bumper.. I'll try and get a photo later. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.