Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I often scab info off of here and tend to impart little though I try where I can.

I did a quick search for green lanes on the site and, other than a petition to stop them being closed I didn't find much...

I thought it might be a good idea for those of us who like to responsibly use our BOAT's and UCR's to share their locations. Whether it's ones we use near home or have on our travels, and even ones abroad. Stranger things have happened than finding a forum member lives where you're planning your next trip!

I don't know if this thread will take off or be of use so instead of waffling on I will put an example of what I thought up and see if anyone's likes...

Lopwell Dam between Plymouth and Tavistock... go in to the village use the tidal (subject to tide and vehicle capabilities) dam crossing that takes you up a nice easy hill climb through woods. Has some rocks to play over but would rate it beginner. Once spat out half a mile or so later on a road turn left down to hamlet, left along gravel creek road to where it becomes a tougher track. There is a painted sign saying unsuitable for vehicles but this is a warning that the track gets deeply rutted (lift and all terrains suggested intermediate level) and not a no entry sign. There is a deep ford crossing at the end of the track that I've looked at and reckon it can be crossed at low tide but as I've not plugged up rear vents or have a snorkel I've not attempted... there are also a couple of other trails near here.... I will put more info up if it takes off.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hambleton Street in the north York moors. It is a section of the Cleveland way designated as BOAT but doesn't see a great deal of vehicular traffic, so is a good one if you don't want to be bumping into others. Entry from the south is from Sneck Gate and the road heads more or less north out of the village, right over the moors for about 10 miles. You could then head east on completion and come back over the moors on Rudland Rigg which is a well documented green lane.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a long run! Ideal

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hambleton Street in the north York moors. It is a section of the Cleveland way designated as BOAT but doesn't see a great deal of vehicular traffic, so is a good one if you don't want to be bumping into others. Entry from the south is from Sneck Gate and the road heads more or less north out of the village, right over the moors for about 10 miles. You could then head east on completion and come back over the moors on Rudland Rigg which is a well documented green lane.
There's some absolute crackers up on the Moors, Rudland Rigg is particularly good :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Took another one on the way to Dartmouth today a mile or two long. Went very narrow and I had to get the chainsaw out and cut a fallen down tree that was blocking the track. Truck is scratched a lot DOH

It's as you go towards Dittisham take a right at
Downton cross and keep going past farm and houses til you see a sign saying unmettaled rd... it spits you out down at Old Mill Creek

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hey guys,

So I often scab info off of here and tend to impart little though I try where I can.

I did a quick search for green lanes on the site and, other than a petition to stop them being closed I didn't find much...

I thought it might be a good idea for those of us who like to responsibly use our BOAT's and UCR's to share their locations. Whether it's ones we use near home or have on our travels, and even ones abroad. Stranger things have happened than finding a forum member lives where you're planning your next trip!

I don't know if this thread will take off or be of use so instead of waffling on I will put an example of what I thought up and see if anyone's likes...

Lopwell Dam between Plymouth and Tavistock... go in to the village use the tidal (subject to tide and vehicle capabilities) dam crossing that takes you up a nice easy hill climb through woods. Has some rocks to play over but would rate it beginner. Once spat out half a mile or so later on a road turn left down to hamlet, left along gravel creek road to where it becomes a tougher track. There is a painted sign saying unsuitable for vehicles but this is a warning that the track gets deeply rutted (lift and all terrains suggested intermediate level) and not a no entry sign. There is a deep ford crossing at the end of the track that I've looked at and reckon it can be crossed at low tide but as I've not plugged up rear vents or have a snorkel I've not attempted... there are also a couple of other trails near here.... I will put more info up if it takes off.
Can I get more info please.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Thanks I have found this too I asked on face book and got a load of info . I have been looking up boats and stuff. And have been recomended sailsbury plain mod and some others.
Looks like I might give it a go. Thank you again
Do you have any fav runs.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
salisbury is awesome been a few times, if you get the chance pop over to Derbyshire or North Wales lots of Quality Days out been had over there

·
Registered
812 Posts
hi, i may be interested in coming with you one day, aslong as i dont have to go thru any deep water thou
I would probably be scared if it was over an inch or two my navi can't swim either. .
I have been looking it up on the guv web sites and I just need some one to set us off now one weekend.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would be up for meeting up and doing a run on Salisbury Plain. Live about 40 mins away. Havent been for about 8 years but used to know a few good runs there and there is something for all. I dont mind a good challenge but mine is an every day driver so wont go crazy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
This sounds like it could be a decent event. Water depth here is no big deal. There is a lane up near barbury that has deep water but nothing gets in the airbox. It gets to about the top of the wheels. Good fun though. All the other lanes have no official water features. Well Salisbury plain is just over the hill from me. In fact going to explore up a few lanes up toward upavon tomorrow as have an unexpected day off work. I'll see if I can grab some pictures.

Matt

·
Registered
812 Posts
Mines a daily driver too so snap.
The cider did have an effect on me.
I might be able to come to sailsbury too tomorrow. I will ask the wife over tea tonight if I can go play . What time and for how long as I live near to westonsuper mare. But could be worth it for a nose around.
Impromptu thins are some times lots of fun.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was going to head out around mid day. Looks like the Army is on stand down until the 8th but still have to watch out for red flags. There are a few decent lanes lanes near me anyhow if the red flags are out.

Matt

·
Registered
812 Posts
I could possibly make it if you want company. 😊

I have a box with a nice big rope, some shackles, a hand winch, a chain with big loop and two legs and hooks, some decent strops about 80 foot worth and a couple of small lifting strops? But I can't find my high lift body Jack I must have lent it to some one and my little pointed shovels cross handle is missing ! I have a 5 foot crow bar and 2.6 foot steel pin and lump hammer work gloves. Oh I have a chainsaw and 12 volt compressor. I don't have metal or plastic trackway but I could cut bush down to give matting to grip if needed Anything else needed to get out of trouble? I always Carry a Swiss army pocket knife and have a bush hat. 😝

Might be getting a bit over excited and over keen but I can hear a didgeridoo just call me Ozzie the bush whacker...... My nick name when I was younger was Ozzie now I know why.... 😜

Been looking up and researching boats and off road etiquette and best practices.
I might be expecting too much from my navara it's only got Goodrich at2 tyres, a remap and hard pipes apart from that it's a stocker....

Should I load the truck tonight... Will I need a coat and wellies lol😢

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes probably coat and wellies is a good idea. Just the rope and shackles mate. We are not quite at the camel trophy special stages. 😉
The green lanes well be driving aren't that technical. I haven't driven them in a while though. If we start near devizes we can end near Swindon

1 - 20 of 38 Posts