1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all
have just joined
from adelaide south australia
will be picking up my diesel auto 4x4 d40 this coming thursday 15/02/07 no prize for working out which colour it is.
it appears that most members are uk based, i was quite chuffed to discover this site. it would be nice to have an australian chapter (maybe there is?) to somehow make more accessible available bolt ons etc...
it appears that the range of accesories available to us kangaroo chasing, thong wearing, bbq'ing, pie eating, holden driving, (not me) bush wackers, is limited by comparison. no tent, no tool box, no sliding tray, no tub dividers, no tub extenders. about the only accessory we have access to is a beer holder, roo bar (bull bar), lets not forget the pie and thong holder, (flipflops here are known as thongs) anyway life wasnt meant to be easy.
anyway, enough anyways, hello to all again
am looking forward to reviewing this site on a regular basis.
(ps. shame about the cricket, but then again i would say if any other country pumped 1/2 a billion dollars annually into a specialized 'sports institute' the result may be different)

G

·
helooooo

We have a few ozzie / nz / and i belive one SA member - so dont feel alone!

However, I feel that I should berate you for 'neighbors' and 'home and away'.... (but not kylie.. ;) )

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are we nearly there?

only 3 more sleeps and i pickup my d40 navara!
YAHOO!!!
man im excited.
i feel like a little kid again.
even asked my girlfriend to change her name by deedpoll to "Navara".
thought it might save a few arguments late at night, if you now what i mean, "but dear sure i love only you!"
just so excited. no one seems to understand. needed someone to share this excitment with. call me weird, call me strange, just dont call me a mitsubishi tritan driver.
cheers all.
trust you all have a sensational week!
we are in for a warm week 30'C all week, hasnt decently rained here for about 2-3 years.
felt sorry for the chap fitting new headlight bulbs that said he had to stop regularly and allow his hands to defrost. something i dont think i have ever experienced. love this site. very informative, thanks to those people that put the time in to explain step by step various installs. its really appreciated. the chap thinking of living in sth africa, hey mate australia needs the likes of you! our telecommunications here need a rocket, its still a land of opportunity and more politically stable than sth africa although the aussie peso is a bit of a worry.
will write about my first drive experience when i pick up my new motor.
yahoo!!! again, in fact a huge YAAAAAHOOOOOO!!!! :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
G-day bigblacknavara and welcome to the forum.
I take it is only two more sleep to go???
Make sure you post some pics mate
And your girl friend cant be called navara .....that's my handle :p

·
Registered
257 Posts
Why don't you guys ask for an international option like club-frontier that way you can discuss topics pertaining to your model.But still join in in the other forums.

I like the option of beer holder though :lol:

·
Registered
221 Posts
gasgasman said:
Why don't you guys ask for an international option like club-frontier that way you can discuss topics pertaining to your model.But still join in in the other forums.

I like the option of beer holder though :lol:
There is only a couple of us foreigners who post here regularly and so there is not much point in an international section....because ill just be chatting to myself most of the time. :? Club Frontier has a few more regulars.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well the membership is growing all the time.

Maybe one for the future.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
please comment on content of email copy re- power plugin

I have been looking for an after market "power booster" for my soon to be d40 st-x diesel auto and have recieved the following emails (in reverse order as they appear) to my enquiries. Originally I had been put on a 2-3 month waiting list for a 6spd manual, then a deal fell over at the local Nissanship and I was given the opportunity to jump the waiting line. Only thing is that the available Navara was a 5spd auto. Test drove it, very sweet, fell in lust with it immeadiately (like my women-big and black :shock: ) and said "yesiree bob I'll take it".
So now I am a little concerned, and wondering which path to take. I would really appreciate any advice or tales from anyones experiences regarding this sort of thing. Thanks lads!
(remember first email below is the latest one recieved, and last is the first one I sent)

Hi Mark
There is a problem with the transmissions on the Auto models and they fail (slip hopelessly), Nissan knows about it but with the tuner it makes the problem much worse as there is a lot more torque. That's why I asked you if it was a manual transmission first up.
We can supply a tuner for the Auto but you may not be happy and the transmission will shudder like crazy (and trip the computer).

Tunit is an English company which gets there tuners made in Spain, they started 10 years after our company started (we invented diesel tuners in 1990 and they in 2000) they are very expensive because of all the hands they go through to get here. DP chip is a Chinese copy of the Tunit. Both of the other tuners only have 10 settings as we have 15 for more precise adjustment.
One of my dealers in NTh QLD fitted a real bodgy tuner (don't quote me but it could have been a Safari/Dtronic or Rapid) that made his Auto 2.5 go better but smoked like hell (he wasn't happy with that ether). The interesting thing is the "tuner" he fitted went before the computer not after like ours, and usually the engine will shut down if it runs too rich but with that tuner it must screen all the safety settings the computer has which is very dangerous.
You are welcome to try our tuner and maybe yours might be all right but you will need to run very low settings (like 1 or 2), if it doesn't work we will be happy to refund in full.
Regards
Diesel Power Australia

----- Original Message -----

To: 'Diesel Tuning'
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 12:22 PM
Subject: RE: navara d40 2.5 diesel 5spd auto

Sorry to trouble you again

I will soon be picking up my 2.5 diesel Navara

I said before that it’s a 6 speed manual but the one that I’m picking up is going to be the 5 speed auto

I didn’t think it would make any difference but wanted to check that the unit “vcr” I believe, will still be ok.

Also, regards to the unit, how does it compare to the “tuneit” plug in?

Have been told you can “dial up” more power (turning knob alters power settings from 1min - 10max)

Really need some unbiased professional logic to make an informed decision

To this end I would really appreciate your comments.

Also confirming that you will accept Visa Card details over the phone for $990.00 incl delivery

Which is the best number to call?

Cheers

Mark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, 31 January 2007 4:08 PM
To:
Subject: Re: navara d40 2.5 diesel 6spd man

Yes the power is real good especially with the tuner, and the better fuel consumption is a bonus!.

Our tuners are the only tuners world wide to be approved for fitting into OEM electronics, this approval took some time to get but its great reassurance so there is nothing the dealer can say.

We sell into new Toyotas, VWs, Hino trucks and Mercedes here in Australia and more manufacturers are coming on board every month.

Payment can be made ($990 all up delivered)credit card over the phone or direct deposit into our account.

Regards

Diesel Power Australia

www.dieseltuning.com.au

----- Original Message -----

To: 'Diesel Tuning'

Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 2:01 PM

Subject: RE: navara d40 2.5 diesel 6spd man

Reece,

Thankyou for your reply.

I am hoping to take delivery of a diesel D40 Navara at the end of Feb. 07

The performance gains attributed to the tuner sound enticing.

Will the “plug in” affect any manufacturer warranty? If so, What? How?

How is it best to make payment?

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
41 Posts
welcome on board

sounds like you know what you want! More power and you have not even got your d40 yet, excellant stuff, looking forward to seeing how you get on and the advice you are given

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.