Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone tell me which is the best head gasket kit for my d40 2007 dci. there seem to be steel or laminate ones. which are the best . and we're to get it
my head gasket has gone and don't want to be repairing it again :(

thanks
Andy

·
Super Moderator
181 Posts
I think there may be some terminology differences here. The modern type of head gasket is a multi-layer steel type which is made by laminating layers of steel.

I thought they were all like that on these engines. Not sure of this though so would be interested to see any information that there are different types.

The OE Nissan gasket isn't very expensive though (~£50) so I'd be inclined to go that way.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i found a set on eBay says it's steel layered 1.3 mm think i will go with that

·
Super Moderator
181 Posts
What brand is the set you're looking at? For the effort involved in replacing the head gasket on these I wouldn't recommend going cheap.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi I was looking at a oe replacement on eBay its a full set with bolts. £129

·
Super Moderator
181 Posts
'OE replacement' or 'OE equivalent' seems to be used on ebay by everyone. Realistically it doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean it's rubbish, but then again it doesn't mean it's any good either. If there is no other branding I would definitely avoid though.

Brands of head gasket I know to be good are Victor Reinz, Payen and BGA. Again though, the OE one from Nissan is pretty cheap. You know you are safe with that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks
yes the head is off and I have sent it for checking and skimming , hopefully it will be ok

1 - 8 of 8 Posts