Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 plate np300
Is there a Relay that’s related to the head unit and interior lights ? Basically my head unit will turn off and go blank and when doing this also the interior light won’t work., it will all come back on again at some point sometimes as long as a few hours later and work for hours then do the same again , any idea please ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not yet as thinking would it be a fuse as surely it would permanently stay off if was blown ? That why thought maybe dodgy relay

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Sounds like an earth issue, since the interior lights and radio are not related in circuit. As far as I know, and no relay I am aware of linked directly to the radio.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Actually, it's a D23, it could be some mad CAN Bus fault.

But, it still sounds like an earth fault, and investigating earth faults is way more simple than trying to crack a software issue! So I'd start there.

Have you done an OBD fault code scan?

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
(as Landmann says though, there is one cheaper and easier step before earth checks, and that's a fuse check. With modern systems its almost possible for any mad crazy symptoms to occur when a fault develops. I mean, would you have guessed the radio and interior light could be connected in fault!? It's likely they're all fine, but them be the rules, always start simple. Fuse check first my friend)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
(as Landmann says though, there is one cheaper and easier step before earth checks, and that's a fuse check. With modern systems its almost possible for any mad crazy symptoms to occur when a fault develops. I mean, would you have guessed the radio and interior light could be connected in fault!? It's likely they're all fine, but them be the rules, always start simple. Fuse check first my friend)
Will check there first , are the fuses behind glove box ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

But, it still sounds like an earth fault, and investigating earth faults is way more simple than trying to crack a software issue! So I'd start there.

No haven’t had a fault test yet but can book in for one cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Where would you start looking for an earth fault first ? Cheers

·
Administrator
12,669 Posts
Where would you start looking for an earth fault first ? Cheers
I ask this question a lot. As your truck is less than 5 years old, providing you haven't gone over the mileage (100k?) then isn't it covered by the warranty?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m just taking a guess here, but while all the conditions are normal, it would be interesting to pull the fuse to the head unit, and see what other things drop out, it could very well be a poor connection, and when it heats up , resistance builds and opens the circuit, and after it cools, returns to normal. check plugs and connectors for this including the fuse holder. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 16 plate np300
Is there a Relay that’s related to the head unit and interior lights ? Basically my head unit will turn off and go blank and when doing this also the interior light won’t work., it will all come back on again at some point sometimes as long as a few hours later and work for hours then do the same again , any idea please ?
I had a similar issue with my '17 D23 back in the day. I would be driving and the headunit would randomly switch off, then reboot with the Nissan logo and music back on. I was able to record it in action, still have it on my old phone.

When I went in for a schedule service I showed them the video, when I collected the car they said they had done a system update. Hasn't done it since.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts