Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I feel bad admitting I need help on changing a bulb but here goes!

I pulled out the non working bulb (without removing the battery) no problem, then realised the bulb that I'd been supplied looks like only one part of what I'd pulled out of the car. Also while i was there I noticed quite a lot of moisture inside the headlamp lens.

Heres what came out:

Here's what was supplied:

It sort of looked like the new one would fit into the metal bit of the old one, but I couldn't separate them without destroying things.

So I thought I'd look again for the whole unit and replace that.

This is where it went properly wrong though. For no reason I can justify I thought I'd pop the old, defective unit back in the headlight. I pushed it in and gave it a twist, but when I looked it was at about 45 degrees round from when it should be (compared to the other headlamp). So I twisted it back to try again... and... its stuck. No matter how I twist and pull it wont come free.

Has anyone else had the bulb stuck at the wrong angle?

Am I looking at removing the battery and the headlamp unit now to get the bulb free?

And while I'm about it whats the best way of drying out the moisture insdie the headlamp unit? Hairdryer?

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Not sure on the bulb, I think they are HID bulbs? It was an optional extra on the Pathfinder.

A hair dryer is a good method of clearing the condensation.

·
Super Moderator
191 Posts
Removing the battery would be the easiest option to try first otherwise it's headlight out and that's grill, bumper skin and possibly inner wing protection cover off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. The new, correct bulb is on its way. I'll whip out the battery (trying not to shear the corroded clamp post).

D1S bulbs have a retaining ring that clips round them, and that's what twist-fits to the back of the lamp unit. Chances are I'm going to mutilate mine now its stuck, so I'll try to get spare on standby.

There's a sticky about Pathfinder bulbs - needs updating with the optional D1S bulbs on some Pathfinders. Is that a Moderator job?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found the fuse was blown, changed the fuse. Blew the new fuse.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve run out of fuses! I’m admitting defeat. It’s booked into the local garage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seems I'm looking at a new HID Ballast. £500+ from the stealers.

Wondered if anyone knows of a breaking PAthy that might have a unit available? Or any other options worth considering.

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
Have a look on a site such as the one linked below, they do replacement ballasts to replace OEM.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have a look on a site such as the one linked below, they do replacement ballasts to replace OEM.

Yeah I started doing that. I think this is the correct one:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts