Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, the day after i collected my truck i noticed condensation inside the nearside headlight. A few people said once you've used your headlights it might dissapear?

Anyway it's still there so i'll speak to the dealer today, just wondered if anybody else has had this?

Steve :wink:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Steve,
Not a problem I've had. The units are not sealed / double layer or anything complex but its probably a git to get out now that its in.. I tried to figure out how to get the headlight off when I mput the HID's in and came to the conclusion you needed to drop the front plastic bumper off its mounts to get to the lower screws - NIGHTMARE. :shock:

I guess Nissan might just take the bulb out and let it vent but if they suggest blasting it with compressed air, make sure it does not have an in-line oiler or it will make a mess of the reflector. :cry:

·
Premium Member
23,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up regarding the compressed air Dunc :wink:

I've spoken to the dealer this morning, he asked if i wouldn't mind waiting until thursday, as the warranty guy is not back till then. So i'll see what they say, at least it's nothing major, i just get niggled thinking of my new motor getting the "workshop treatment" :roll:

Oh well, it'll get sorted.

Thanks again Dunc :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Dont use compressed air, i have condensation in my Offside, it has HIDs installed so its not under warranty.

I used my compressor on Saturday Morning and left it blasting air into the Buld opening to the rear of the Headlight.

When the compressor got warm it started to Condensate the air, so water vapour and air was being blasted into the headlight.

Not good :(

took over a hour to dry it out using a hair dryer ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had it mine for a while in the winter.

I think its cos I changed out the HIDS for halogens for a while. I think the air in the headlight changed from hot to cold or VV in a short space of time.

Anyway, to get rid, all I did was take off the rubber at the back of the headlight for about a week.

Once its gone leave it for a further 24 hours and then put the rubber back on.

That should do it. All you do when using headlights is to warm up the air inside the headlamp unit, when cooling down it condenses on the inner. This only happens cos there is too much moiusture in the air. So leaving the rubber off lets the air inside the headlamp to mix with outside air and lose its moisture.

Or something like that

Steve

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unfortunatly my N/S headlight has started doing this on my 60 Reg..

Did removing the rubber seal sort out the problem? My car has HIDs fitted so i thought mabye the seal has been getting hot a damaged?

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts