Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Have bought some Ultra Blue Head light bulbs but now a bit worried they are 100/80W will they be ok and not burn out my wiring loom the packet says they need 20Amp to run don’t know if my fuse will blow as I cant find it.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
jay said:
Hi Guys

Have bought some Ultra Blue Head light bulbs but now a bit worried they are 100/80W will they be ok and not burn out my wiring loom the packet says they need 20Amp to run don’t know if my fuse will blow as I cant find it.

Cheers
I havent upgraded my headlight bulbs but im sure someone else has on here.

Im sure its ok but it puts more strain on the Relay that runs the headlights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The standard bulbs are 60/55W so on normal beam it would just be 25W more do you think i would still melt down?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I've used Philips vision plus bulbs inthe past. Same wattage but give out 50% more light.

On my Outlaw I've just fitted the Philips Blue Vision Ultra bulbs, and they also came with free blue sidelight bulbs. 8)

The light is more like daylight now, and not too blue. Far better than the originals.

Fitted a pair of Philips Silver Vision bulbs to the rear indicators whilst I was at it.

I use These Guys

Free delivery too!

bob

PS. Never had the urge to put in the higher wattage bulbs, espescially after seeing the mess they made of my mates wiring loom!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
looks like Bob has sorted it :)##

cheers bob :)

vehicle not listed on that site :(##
what do we need mate ????

G

·
jay said:
The standard bulbs are 60/55W so on normal beam it would just be 25W more do you think i would still melt down?
i really believe they would, especially on long journeys...these 100watt bulbs normally go into 'glass' type spots which can take the heat......just to let you know that when i tried to replace my bulbs with osram silverstars i found that osram's were already fitted...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys ill take them back tomorrow better safe than sorry also might get a fine from the police.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Head lamp bulbs are H4
Indicators are PY21W

On the Power Bulbs website, on the left under "bulb types available" use the drop down menu to select "all bulb types" or if like me you want Philips bulbs, select "Philips"
Then on the next screen select the fitment you want (H4 for Navara headlamp or PY21W for indicator)

I placed my order Wednesday evening at 19:44, had email from them Thursday at 10:26 to confirm my order had been desptched and they arrived with me Friday morning at around 9:30.

As I've said, I've used them many times before and always had good service from the company.

BTW don't order silver vision bulbs for the front indicators, there's an orange lense in the light unit so you wouldn't notice any difference.

Bob

Power Bulbs Website

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
scarey said:
......just to let you know that when i tried to replace my bulbs with osram silverstars i found that osram's were already fitted...
Just had bog standard bulbs in mine - I checked before ordering!

Bob

G

·
bobsabuilder said:
scarey said:
......just to let you know that when i tried to replace my bulbs with osram silverstars i found that osram's were already fitted...
Just had bog standard bulbs in mine - I checked before ordering!

Bob
were they not osrams bob?..

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Yeah they were Osrams, but just the standard Osram H4 bulb (and gave a typically yellow-ish hue to the light), not SilverStars.

In the Past I've use the Philips Vison Plus bulbs with 50% extra light output and could relly tell the difference.

But on my Outlaw I wanted the HID / Daylight look, and thats just what I've got :D

"Philips Blue Vision Ultra replicates the HID High Intensity Gas Discharge System fitted as standard to more and more of today's prestige and performance cars. This is because the new and improved design means the bulb burns at 4000K (Kelvin) - no other bulb has this colour temperature, which is the closest to natural daylight. The lamps recreate daylight driving conditions at night therefore contributing to safety and performance."

I'm NOT saying Philips are better than others, its that IMHO they are very good bulbs and I've NEVER had one blow on me. Plus the fact that the Philips Blue Visions are the best in that sector :wink:

Bob

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
The wife says they are a lot brighter and was concerned they would dazzle other drivers.
So they must be brighter 'cos the wifes NEVER WRONG :wink:

Bob

1 - 20 of 29 Posts