1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 NP300 Double Cab
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Afternoon all,

looking for a bit of knowledge!

So....i have a 2019 NP300 with a Stedi light bar fitted a year or so ago using full vehicle specific harness and has been trouble free. Last night while driving home I lost light from my light bar, then a few miles later my main beams went off (Symbol on dash still there, but no lights).

Now I have found the problem, but the solution is what i need help with. As part of the Stedi light harness you get a mini rocker switch to allow you to kill power to the light bar. Mine was coiled up in the engine bay in a plastic bag food bag and cable tied to a part of the main harness. So the other day i was messing around with a few things and moved the switch out of the way so i could access something.....but i didn't put it back. Now when i went out to the truck this morning to fault find, i found the wire trailing down the side of the engine minus the switch and it is evident it was trailing along the road! Bugger!

I am thinking that something has blown? I cant seem to locate any fuses for the headlights anywhere? Could it be a relay?

I am away to remove the piggy back harness supplied by Stedi and basically and put the everything back to factory which should narrow things down a bit.

many thanks!

·
Registered
2019 NP300 Double Cab
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, thanks. Google was my first port of call but most things that come up refer to the D40 or are completely off topic. I have found a link on here to do with fuses and have had a look, main beam left and right fuses were good. No technician manual for it at the moment, the owners manual doesn't really tell me much.

·
Registered
2019 NP300 Double Cab
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have plugged in my diagnostics and it shows that the request for main beams is being sent. I assume it gets sent to the IPDM in the engine bay? From there it doesn't seem to be making its way to the lights.

Could this short that happened to the switch cable have shorted somthing on the IPDM? It doesn't look like a servicable item, as in no relays to pull and swap.

Anyone have any experience of these, changing them out, best place to buy a replacement?

Ran out of time tonight but will be running the multimeter on it tomorrow to see if a signal is being sent past the fuse.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2019 NP300 Double Cab
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there, no unfortunately not. I have downloaded the technical manual for it but its 6000 pages, having a look through it to see what I can find.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
5,061 Posts
Only thing I can think of is one by one check every fuse! It's a complete ball ache but does sound like there's a fuse blown somewhere

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I'm not finding anything on line either.

If the same as previous model it'll be an under bonnet fuse box. So long as you're using a test light or multimeter it takes less than a minute to check every fuse in the car though. You're not taking them out to check them are you?

·
Administrator
5,061 Posts
Really daft question but if its not asked you'll kick yourself
Are the bulbs ok? Its possible both have blown!

·
Administrator
5,061 Posts
Hi mate, I've had a similar issue. Did you end up finding out the issue? Was it the IPDM? Cheers
Unfortunately the op never came back with a follow up, and hasn't been online for 3 months now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Afternoon all,

looking for a bit of knowledge!

So....i have a 2019 NP300 with a Stedi light bar fitted a year or so ago using full vehicle specific harness and has been trouble free. Last night while driving home I lost light from my light bar, then a few miles later my main beams went off (Symbol on dash still there, but no lights).

Now I have found the problem, but the solution is what i need help with. As part of the Stedi light harness you get a mini rocker switch to allow you to kill power to the light bar. Mine was coiled up in the engine bay in a plastic bag food bag and cable tied to a part of the main harness. So the other day i was messing around with a few things and moved the switch out of the way so i could access something.....but i didn't put it back. Now when i went out to the truck this morning to fault find, i found the wire trailing down the side of the engine minus the switch and it is evident it was trailing along the road! Bugger!

I am thinking that something has blown? I cant seem to locate any fuses for the headlights anywhere? Could it be a relay?

I am away to remove the piggy back harness supplied by Stedi and basically and put the everything back to factory which should narrow things down a bit.

many thanks!
I think need body control module

1 - 17 of 17 Posts