Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2012 plate and the heater works fine for at least 10 minutes some times a lot longer , 30 mins approx, and then goes cold, some time later it goes warm again. the engine temp is ok ,any ideas as to the cause please

·
Administrator
11,520 Posts
Firstly, the heater only really works properly when the AC is on. With the AC off you tend to find it doesn't keep a constant temperature.

The second possibility is the heater sensor. On my previous 2.5 model there is a little grill on the fascia near the AC controls. There is a temperature sensor and small fan in there which can get clogged with fluff or dog hair. Sorted by putting a vacuum cleaner on the grill.

I haven't looked on the V6, but probably similar.

·
Administrator
2,364 Posts
Firstly, the heater only really works properly when the AC is on. With the AC off you tend to find it doesn't keep a constant temperature.

The second possibility is the heater sensor. On my previous 2.5 model there is a little grill on the fascia near the AC controls. There is a temperature sensor and small fan in there which can get clogged with fluff or dog hair. Sorted by putting a vacuum cleaner on the grill.

I haven't looked on the V6, but probably similar.

This answer sounds like it should only be true where climate control is fitted. On old school manual aircon like mine, the heater temp should rise and fall with engine temp, but generally once hot remain so for the duration of your drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts