Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,
I have a navara with the following problem. The heating does not get hot. It continues to blow cold air when the engine is warm. When the engine speed increases 2500-3000 rpm, lukewarm air starts to come out of the blaze. As soon as the gas is released, it gets cold air again. The coolant pipes that run into the engine compartment are warm. I think I am looking in the direction of the heating tank itself. Are there people here who have already had problems with this? Its a navara 2008 2.5 dci 128kw automatic and car has automatic air conditioning / heating dual zone.

greetz Samuel

·
Administrator
12,699 Posts
There are three possibilities

The cooling system needs bleeding, a simple process

The heater matrix has become blocked

The head gasket has failed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are three possibilities

The cooling system needs bleeding, a simple process

The heater matrix has become blocked

The head gasket has failed
Thank you for the response!
I have already bleed the system twice, I haven’t a coolant leak. The coolant stays on max level. Never add before coolant so I don’t think its the head gasket

·
Administrator
12,699 Posts
If you are losing zero coolant, that is good. Quite a few, including me, have had a small head gasket leak, just above the Alternator.

I would suggest the next step is to get a garage to carry out a pressure check. Or you could buy a pressure tester (eBay) normally cheaper than paying a garage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isearched a little bit further after my problem today. There isn’t air in my water system. But I found back on the internet (exploded views) that there is a electric heating unit. When I want to measure the voltage I don’t have anything. I took oud the 3 relays and make a bridge on the connector en when I do that the heating unit gets warm en my heater works back. now I want to know when the heating element is switched

·
Registered
1 Posts
  1. I have previously experienced a similar issue on a 2008 navara. All I found was that the coolant level was low. I topped up and all was back to normal. The coolant level was just high enough for the engine but could not reach the heat exchanger for the cabin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts