Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, got a 2009 Navara, mostly used by the wife to carry her stuff about for her horses! Problem is, no heat from the heater, seen some reall good info re this on here yesterday but still not working, so I will list what I have done etc and any input would be greatly appreciated as winter is soon approaching.....!

So, I have had the entire cooling system flushed, new coolant, and no gunge present anywhere in the system.

Done a back flush yesterday and water flowing perfectly in both directions through the firewall using cold water via the good old garden hose.

Started the truck, got to temperature, inlet pipe through the firewall gets real hot, but the exit one stays cool.

To me this would indicate a blocked heater matrix but as I said we did have a perfect flow with cold water.

Is there a valve or thermostat before the water gets to the matrix maybe not allowing hot water through?

So, we then stripped the dash out, checked all the motors that operate the various flaps for air direction, all good here.

Could it be something wrong re the climate control system? The air con does need re-charging, could this make any difference?

I now pretty stumped, me and my mate are pretty good with the hands on approach and have no fear stripping things to bits, so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

It really does seem to point to the matrix, not sure what kind of pressure the system runs at when the truck is running compared to when we used the hose to flush it through, could it still be blocked?

This problem started when I noticed a small leak in the cooling system a few weeks back, it has been to my local garage, pipe replaced, and I have bled the system on more than one occasion, It really does not seem to be an airlock in any way as we have checked this over many times.

Help!!!

·
Administrator
13,317 Posts
Have you followed the bleeding procedure? Let it idle for 10 minutes with the expansion cap off, preferably pointing up hill.

The next step should be a pressure test. A garage will charge about £50, or you can buy a tester for £30.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, will give the idle idea a go, very frustrating issue as it will probably be something simple in the end!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts