Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
I have a np300 on a 65 plate, I'm just planning the Mods to handle off road (nothing too strenuous) use, green laning and some play days. It is still my daily drive so need good handling characteristics and keep the weight down. oh and I want a lift. So not too much then.

·
Administrator
11,702 Posts
Ok, like your ambitions.

Firstly, on the green lane front, forget it! Most of the green lanes (not that many left) are riddled with brambles that will take your paint to bare metal in minutes. Salisbury/Wiltshire excepted, but you don't need 4x4 to do those lanes.

Some AT tyres are probably all you need. A lift won't do much for off road ability, often fitted just to provide space for bigger tyres.

Recovery points and a decent tow rope are essential too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in the South West so the plains is where I will mostly go. Just getting bogged down with choosing tyres.

·
Administrator
2,363 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

For your use, you might consider a second set of wheels so you can fit aggressive off road tyres when you need them and keep the comfort and economy of highway tyres when you don’t.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about that, but time is a big factor, I know as soon as they are on they will stay on. So I think good ATs are the way forward at the moment and just put up with them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey....

I have Cooper Zeon LTZ 285 60 18s (31" or thereabouts) which work well.

Depending on your intended use, one mod may be....I removed the tow bar to save weight and give a bit extra clearance then cut the mount points off the tow bar (I don't tow anything) and shaped and painted them into decent tow points and mounted them using the same bolts and positions. I added a couple of decent bow shackles (3.25T) and have found those work well. The rear bumper will be the next to go....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts