Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been lurking here for a while trying to arrange my new D40 which will be delivered tomorrow (Black Outlaw, auto, double cab) by Sonnauto.

This is a fantastic site - I've all ready save money on my bed liner and lock'n roll (Auto Styling) and new shocks (Avo).

Keep up the good work guys.

Cheers

Reid.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi reid, hope you enjoy the new truck as much as i do mine.....i still remember taking delivery....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome Reid

You probably already know how mad it can be on the site.

Let us known the performance of your Avo's. I'm interested in getting an upgrade on the OEM shocks and will be good to hear your opinion.

Dave :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope to swap the shocks over the weekend. I think the D40 is softer than the D22 so it will be interesting to see what Avo's do. I'm still adjusting after driving a D22 for the last 5 years. It's like a new pair of shoes, you have to wear them in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Swapped the shocks today. Did try last night but removed the one I put on because the lower bush on the AVO's are smaller and I wasn't happy with the bracket rubbing on the shock. I bought 14mm washers today and put three on either side of the bush to space it correctly.

I have the AVO's set on the softest setting and first impressions are that the ride is better. I'll know better after I have done the weekly run.

I also installed a Bosal tow-bar but I haven't done the electrics yet. I believe there is a plug on the wire loom to connect to. Anybody know were it is?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update now I've been driving the D40 a month and half. The ride is way better than the D22 and AVO's seem to make it better but I didn't drive it enough before I changed to the AVO's to put my hand on my heart on that one. I have installed a Lock n Roll cover on the back and I'm very happy with it (discount through Auto Styling if you mention this site).

The D40 isn't as tail happy as the D22 but that maybe down to the power being more gradual through the auto box.

The big bummer is the MPG :( Only getting about 21 MPG and I ain't driving her hard. I knew the auto was going to be worst than the manual but this is not good. The Euro 4 produces less CO2 then the Euro 3 but uses 1/3 more fuel - can some explain then one? :roll:

·
Registered
279 Posts
i have a manual but only acheive 22.8 MPG if i reset everything it will show 28-29 for a while but over the long term the first figure seems to be the norm. i have just resigned myself to the fact it is a big heavy vehicle with a not so modern engine design!! but i do love it!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.