Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm a small farmer in mid Wales, currently I've got a much abused old Honda Jazz for running about and a much neglected old Land Rover Discovery for when I need to tow something or when there's snow on our gravel track. I'm having a serious think about swapping them both for a used Navara. With the pandemic I only even leave the farm maybe once a week, so keeping two vehicles taxed and running seems excessive.

Had a chat with my neighbour to say I was thinking of going for a pickup truck, and he's just gotten a Navara himself and recommended it. After some research it does seem like it might be a good choice. Still lots more research to do and I'll likely make a post with questions in a while, but this is my intro as directed.

·
Administrator
13,630 Posts
Welcome along.
Strange times, my cars are hardly moving at all either.
Pick ups seem to be the norm for the farming community nowadays so you can't really go wrong.
I see quite a few UTV side by sides around where I live (can be registered as agricultural) which might be a consideration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and yes, UTV side by sides are very popular with the farmers here. I've got a Honda Fourtrax but sometimes wish for a bit of roof over my head! So my truck (Disco or proposed Navara) doesn't really need to go off road except when some other bit of kit gets stuck in a mudhole and needs rescue, as ATV + trailer generally handles hauling stuff around the fields.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts