Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my x2 strut gas shock absorbers failed on the rear of my truck , so i cant open the back door, well i can, but its so heavy and i have to have someone hold it up. I ordered 2 new ones but they are useless and cant find the ones i took off to match them up.
Does anyone know where i can get them from?
its a 2006 nissan navara box back, ex fire.

thankyou

·
Administrator
12,991 Posts
Welcome along.

Interesting challenge. Are there any numbers in the old ones? They are normally rated by NM and length.

I bought some from SGS Engineering, worth giving them a ring as it looks like you need something out of the normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have lost the ones and the ones I have now just don’t open it by an inch lol

·
Super Moderator
4,529 Posts
When my sports back struts failed (large heavy door) I messured the distance between the strut mountings when lifted open, and bought some universal struts off ebay closest to that size I could find. and they were more than up to the job!
Don't buy the car specific struts as they'll be weaker because there tuned for the weight of a car tailgate.

·
Registered
198 Posts
When my sports back struts failed (large heavy door) I messured the distance between the strut mountings when lifted open, and bought some universal struts off ebay closest to that size I could find. and they were more than up to the job!
Don't buy the car specific struts as they'll be weaker because there tuned for the weight of a car tailgate.
[/QUOTE
The coachbuilders who fitted the original body normally put there manufacturers plate on, If you find it you can contact them direct and find out who supplied the original struts for the tail gate.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Another option the old Mercedes w638 tail gates are fairly heavy you can get gas struts second hand on eBay for around £20 the come with the brackets sometimes might be worth a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts