Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have found my boost controller is not working correctly on me D40 so i put a new one on it.
Now it boosts i can hear the turbo, it is expanding the rubber hose like it should as well, but it will not rev under load it get to around 2000 rpm then struggles.
It is like limp mode but i am not sure it is, if i put the old one back on it runs fine just not boosting properly
Has this happened to anyone else??

·
Administrator
12,985 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest that the the next thing to do is to bypass the BCS to find out if the BCS is the problem.

To bypass the BCS, unplug the VAC pipe from the BCS and fit it straight to the actuator on the turbo.

It should then run at full boost. Let us know what you find, it might be another problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest that the the next thing to do is to bypass the BCS to find out if the BCS is the problem.

To bypass the BCS, unplug the VAC pipe from the BCS and fit it straight to the actuator on the turbo.

It should then run at full boost. Let us know what you find, it might be another problem.
Thank you for your reply, i will try this in the morning and get back to you. Do i need to disconnect the BCS power as well?

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
Which manufacturer is your new BCSV made by, and how much did it cost?

I found over the years that there is no short cut when replacing a BCSV. You must buy quality and you must spend decent money. I have seen cheap BCSVs making the truck lunge terribly in boost range, stall, uneven revs, power loss at certain bands...

Of course, before replacing that, I advise as suggested above by Landmannnn first. If it runs well, I would blame the BCSV.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks let you know how i go in the morning
Ok i have gone direct with the Vacuum to the actuator like you suggested and it has done the same thing as when i put the new BCSV, you can hear it boosting but get to about 2000rpm and go all strange lots of black smoke no rev??

·
Administrator
12,985 Posts
Assuming you have s good fuel filter, a few posts to read

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so why does it run ok with the old BCSV??
Are you thinking it is because of the fuel filter or the Fuel rail pressure sensor ?
do you know how to get the codes without a scan tool?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just did a code check and the only code it has is 0581 which seems to be a cruise control issue which it has, the clock spring needs replacing.
So i don't think that's the issue, please correct me if im wrong.
any thoughts what would cause the engine to stop its rev at 2000rpm when it gets full boost? but if i dont press the throttle hard it revs more

·
Administrator
12,985 Posts
I linked to a free topics, there are quite a few more where people have had the 2,000 or 2,500 rpm issue.

Just to be clear, is the fuel filter good and the MAF clean?

·
Registered
Nissan Navara D40 2007
29 Posts
If the BCSV bypass works fine then take a look at the booster sensor located in the most left side of the radiator (outside) normally these are the two sensors that makes life miserable with low rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the BCSV bypass works fine then take a look at the booster sensor located in the most left side of the radiator (outside) normally these are the two sensors that makes life miserable with low rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi the bypass did not work, it had full boost but would not rev past 2000 it was blowing off at 2000 rpm when i put the old BCSV back in and it reved fine again but just lacking in power. Any ideas please.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts