Nissan-Navara.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've had LR early series, Discoveries and more recently Defender TD5 Double-cab. With the onset of Winter, fancied a change from mopping the screen with a sponge and waiting till I reached my destination before warming up!

Missed a bargain Rally raid some company was selling off but got the bug to get one of what I believe is a Ltd edition of 300 with 100 of each colour, red black and I think silver. Found a red one with nice unabused condition and low mileage so we'll see how it goes. Thoughts so far.....its alright! Not impressed with overall handling but looks the dogs! Engine seems strong although speedo is well out. Matching with my GPS seems as much as 8mph too much on the speedo!

Got loads of toys, just replaced loadliner for £115 delivered. Looking for new tyres hoping to improve grip! Want to change my 'van' snugtop for XTR or XRT sporty back top with glass panels.

Seeya.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
i think we have 3 members with Rally Raids :)

havent seen any pics yet though :(

What makes a Navara a " Rally Raid " apart from being a import ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think I'm right in saying that the Rally Raid was not necessarily an import. Certainly when I was looking at buying a new D22 three years ago it was featured in the brochure. From what I remember it was slightly lighter than the standard model and didn't qualify as a commercial vehicle (in tax terms)....but I may be wrong. I may still have the brochure somewhere.

BK

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll put a picture up as soon as but was not aware they were an import. Mine came from a UK Nissan Dealer. I think they have uprated suspension and all the gadgets as standard like elctric windows, air con etc plus optional graphics pack. Idea was to celebrate Nissans involvement in the Paris Dakar Rally.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Big Kahuna said:
From what I remember it was slightly lighter than the standard model and didn't qualify as a commercial vehicle (in tax terms)

BK
Nah...I can't be right about that, but there was something..definately to do with weight. Perhaps it carried less than a tonne. Hmmm..can't remember for sure :roll:
I remember it looked good, particularly liked the red with silver graphics.

BK

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
sounds a bit like a Boy Racers Pick Up too me that never sees any work ? ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taken off the web: 'What Van-online?"

Hope that clears things up? :

Navara dull moment with Rally Raid Nissan

Nissan has pulled the wraps off a limited edition Navara Rally Raid King Cab 4x4 Pickup built to celebrate the manufacturer's participation in the 2004 Dakar Rally. Finished in the same Nissan Motorsport livery that graced rally ace Colin McRae's Dakar Pickup — a full sponsorship decal kit is optional — it features a heavier-duty ladder frame chassis than the standard model plus a revised suspension system.

Front fog lamps and extra-dark tinted glass are fitted along with wider tyres and a rear step-bumper, while the side steps have been removed to make it easier for drivers to tackle demanding off-road terrain. A six-CD autochanger with four speakers is provided along with a two-tone leather-trimmed steering wheel plus Warp fabric seat trim.

“It isn't dissimilar to the comfortable squashy bit in a trainer,” says a Nissan spokesman. Rally Raid also comes with driver and passenger airbags, climate control and ABS as found on the standard Navara.

·
Registered
279 Posts
welcome mate,

look forward to seeing some pics of your motor :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picture now in Gallery. Apparantly it had upgraded wheels as well? Don't like the BF Goodrich tyres.....any others to avoid?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I'd seen it thanks. Just another £1k!! If I can get some small change for my van top I'd probably bite the bullet! Would prefer the XTC top which is more rounded at the back and more glazing down the side. I'll get a picture added of the one I've seen or I can email direct for anyone interested. Cheers, Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.