Nissan-Navara.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Just pick up my 55 adventura today from Nissan, too early to judge but so far so good, it got park sensor, Bed liner, Aluminium Tonneau Cover. And no carpet!!! Thinking of putting the storm top cover from 4X4.co.uk....any advice welcome or if anyone got one, what the finish quality like? Oh and there something about pick-up that I don't get that guilty feeling about driving it but if you in a big Lux 4X4, people think you are single handily responsible for global warming or maybe it just me….anyway thanks for reading my waffle.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Welcome Squidge! :D

Nice avtar by the way.

I would suggest driving it for a while before forking out for any form of cover for the back. I initially had my heart set on a Snugtop but during the process of "not being able to get one", came to the conclusion like yourself, that I really liked the pickup. Also feedback from others which said it is harder to see out the back with two tinted windows, looks bigger and non-pickup like etc.

In the end, I made a flat cover for the rear end and it does the job fine. (Cost about £300 opposed to £1000+ for the real Mcoy)

G

·
Im off to manc' on friday - if you see a 06 plate D40 with big yellow flashy lights on the roof in the city centre - thats me!

Welcome BTW..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the nice welcome, never seen a yellow flashy d40 yet....loll but defo flash u back if I see u m8 and thank for the feedback dunc but there is a couple of things I did found out....
1 D40 not MP3 compatible :shock:
2 got to learn how to get in without looking like a prat and almost falling out again when reaching to close the door :oops:
3 let my friend have a go and who normally a good natured driver who turn into a bully on the road….got to make sure it doesn’t happen to me! :twisted:
4 speed hump…..D40 seem to magnified them….at speed :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
D40 is MP3 compatible, well mine is... Have you got the 6CD Changer version? Because that in mine seems to play MP3's fine?

Nothing wrong with being a bit of a bully on the road, you've got to remember We're bigger than most others!

Just kidding!

Matt

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Welcome aboard
Hope you're gonna get it offraod at some point, low and dirty as nature intended LOL
Have fun
Sniffer

·
Registered
257 Posts
You don't need to be a bully, as most people get out of the way.

I've notice the following.

Coming towards you alot of people move abit to the inside and no I am on my side of the road.

Coming up behind someone I would swear some people **** themselves when the see that chrome grill.

All you need to do now is replace the girly horn borrowed from a Micra for the ones that are blind and don't use their eyes/mirrors. :wink:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Mat,
Are you refering to MP3's on CD's or wiring in your IPOD or using one of these wee FM transmitters... ??

I'd really like to get a proper IPOD link through the 6CD Stereo but I'm baffled... :cry:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry I mean MP3 i-pod type thingy

because in the auto trader it said something about MP3.......spent a got 10 minute looking for a jack hole..... :oops:

G

·
plays MP3s and WMAs in 6cd multichanger

try replacing rear shocks for the avo ones for 100 quid. (easy to do 2 spanners needed, 20 mins tops)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah I meant MP3's on CD's. Haven't figured out a way of attaching an Ipod, but i'm sure that someone out there will be able to do it :?:

Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dunc said:
Mat,
Are you refering to MP3's on CD's or wiring in your IPOD or using one of these wee FM transmitters... ??

I'd really like to get a proper IPOD link through the 6CD Stereo but I'm baffled... :cry:
I bought the better half an ITRIP type gismo for her IPOD Nano and it works great in her car and also in the Navara....great sound with no distortion ! £17.99 from Play.com, and it charges as well !

·
Registered
3 Posts
IPOD

I have a new D40 here in NZ and found the standard head unit isnt MP3 compatible so kept my old sony xplod from my D22 and ran the cable which connects and charges the ipod through the centre console. Ipod lives out of sight in the box between the seats, and gives perfect sound with no interference from radio stations. Sorted.
Farmergiles

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.