Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to this site just moved onto a d40 from a d22 loving it until this cold weather hit now I can’t seem to de mist the windscreen any ideas the passenger side clears no problem but drivers side never does seems to get worse as I drive

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Hello, Carl, welcome.

A common fault seems to be any one or a combination of issues with the D40 heater/blower system. Start a search on the site for "air mix doors", and that will get you on a diagnostic rabbit warren to success.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys I’ve changed pollen filter it was clogged and re gassed air con so now windscreen de mists but as soon as the windscreen de mists and I put the heater to warm up the screen clouds over again even when it’s not set to blow on the screen any other ideas

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi what do you mean heat up the screen and it clouds over are you turning off the ac or explain more if you can

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry geoffnook I read it and does sound silly lol I mean I can de mist my windscreen with air con but then obviously the car is cold inside so when I put the car to blow warm air to warm the icicles off my feet the screen immediately mists back up to the point where u can’t see a thing

·
Registered
243 Posts
You are taking the flow straight off the screen so that may cause the screen to mist up as no flow maybe if you go from screen to auto and see what that does i generally just have mine on auto and it sorts it all out if i am honest with not to many issues

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ll give that a go but generally on auto it just doesn’t clear it’s that bad it’s undriveable it’s like driving in the thickest fog u have ever seen even if u wipe screen with a rag tissue it fogs up straight away u end up driving and wiping which isn’t ideal

·
Administrator
4,747 Posts
Wish it was as easy as that but the thing is bone dry that was my first though
You might be surprised how much water a cars interior can hold and still feel dry! Especially at this time of year!
I've currently got my dehumidifier in my truck because recently the windows are misting up overnight! and over the last 24 hours it's collected nearly 2 liters!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I tried a dehumidifier got nothing from in my car I’ve been reading some old post and come to the conclusion that my matrix needs replacing but sounds like dash needs to come out for that so hopefully it warms up soon as it’s going to be a job for summer

·
Registered
243 Posts
Got a little tigra as a run around for the missus back and forth work and she had a full sill of water and i used a vax on the offending carpet and got a load out but the carpet feels dry but its still steaming up so i am sure there is still loads of water in the sound deadening that will take some time to get out i have the moisture traps in it but they don't take anything out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update on the misting up windscreen I have now worked out what the problem is and although I’ve not cured this I have improved it quite a lot so that I can now drive the car safely it must have a leak in the heater matrix and as this is behind the dash I can’t get to it to see how bad but after putting a bottle of stop leak in the radiator tank it has improved big time job for summer ripping dash out has anyone on here took the dash out of the d40 and knows how bad it is let me know please

1 - 16 of 16 Posts