Nissan-Navara.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm Jill from north scotland, i've just bought a D22 Navara ('04) it's great. I am looking for some good shocks for it, as the ride so far is really bouncy!! can you guys recommend a good shock for it, and also do you know if the leaf springs can be changed for coil ones?

xx :D

·
Registered
566 Posts
Jill,
There are a couple of alternative shock absorbers, Rancho, OME.... Speak to someone like Devon 4x4, TBR in Essex, Frogs Island 4x4.

As for swapping leafs for coils - Not really. As well as being "springs", leaf springs also locate the axle under the car. With coils, there are other arms to do the locating job so it would reuire major fabrication to convert.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true, i don't hang about :D

All i need now is a replacement front fog lamp, then thats me happy.

The shocks should get here by friday, then i'll be a busy bee putting them on :D

·
Registered
566 Posts
Jill,
Shocks are straightforward. Don't forget to prime them before fitting them. I put a big bolt in the vice then looped one eye from the shock over it and then pushed to full compression, pulled to full extension - four or five times. You will probably hear a bit of gurling as air gets expelled...

If you don't prime them, there is a chance they will not work properly.. :?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Dunc, thanks for all your help and advice, i'll let you all know how i get on.

And definalty don't want a sqeeky back end, so i'll grease up well!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Jill,
Make sure the grease is compatible with rubber if you are going to grease the bushes or they will go all wibbly and fail rather quickly. :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.