Nissan-Navara.net banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Possibly lack of power due to low boost or scv problem, does it stall at at all for no reason?
Plugged in an obd scanner, apparantly i am getting boost, and the SCV is new, but it was replaced by another workshop, not sure about the quality of that thing, i might go ahead and try on a new piece and see if that helps with anything. Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Afternoon everyone, during the last few weeks I have found that my Truck struggles to pull away if facing up hill. It's as if there's no power at all when slowly letting the clutch out, if I dip the clutch it will rev as normal but when trying to pull away it just won't move or rev over 1000rpm and almost stalls but never does and eventually I manage to crawl away.

Everyday driving is fine.

I do have a DTE fitted but have taken that off (removed Fuse) and it's still the same without it.

2007 D40
113000 miles
EGR - Blanked
Fuel Filter changed 18mths ago
No faults registering (that I can see)

Thank you,

Jamie.
Did Jamie ever manage to solve this problem? I don’t seem to find a solution when I read through the threads. I am going through the same thing but wouldn’t want to start another thread when this post is still here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi yes my UK 2010 pathfinder has started this issue, struggling to pull away of my slopped driveway forwards and reverse.
Normal driving is fine did anyone figure this out?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have this same issue with my ex D40 2008(Spain build)

If you are looking for quick take off or hill start, so starting under a load it bogs down.

I've followed the fault finding, replaced fuel filter twice as the first wasn't Nissan.. and swapped scv, cleaned MAF and boost sensor.. and swapped all the vacuum lines to SVC and turbo.

When it bogs it's like no boost and then the car will hardly rev. But put the clutch in and it revs live usual.. We've installed new SMF clutch.. but just means I try riding it to take off. On a few occasions I've resorted to low range to take off or reverse the trailer..

Ideas please...

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,894 Posts
I have this same issue with my ex D40 2008(Spain build)

If you are looking for quick take off or hill start, so starting under a load it bogs down.

I've followed the fault finding, replaced fuel filter twice as the first wasn't Nissan.. and swapped scv, cleaned MAF and boost sensor.. and swapped all the vacuum lines to SVC and turbo.

When it bogs it's like no boost and then the car will hardly rev. But put the clutch in and it revs live usual.. We've installed new SMF clutch.. but just means I try riding it to take off. On a few occasions I've resorted to low range to take off or reverse the trailer..

Ideas please...

This seems to have come up a few times.

I would suggest a few checks....

Turbo actuator. Does it pulse at idle? If not there is something wrong in the boost control.

Do the turbo hoses swell when you rev the engine? You might need an assistant for this check. If not there might be a leaky hose.

EGR valve. The valve is designed to be open at low revs, if it has got sticky then the valve will stay open. Blanking the EGR might solve this.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This seems to have come up a few times.

I would suggest a few checks....

Turbo actuator. Does it pulse at idle? If not there is something wrong in the boost control.

Do the turbo hoses swell when you rev the engine? You might need an assistant for this check. If not there might be a leaky hose.

EGR valve. The valve is designed to be open at low revs, if it has got sticky then the valve will stay open. Blanking the EGR might solve this.

Hope this helps.
Thanks @landmannnn

The turbo activator does pulse and removal of the vacuum lines sees it drop again.

I've had intercooler tubes off, cleaned and used new clips. All seem sealed okay.

I had ordered the EGR plate and now installed. Car runs well. But still hesitates on hill starts, or trying to pull away quickly..

So one thing I did notice there seems to be a hairline crack in top of intercooler by r/h mount by upper radiator support. Could this be a cause? Appears to be no oily buildup so I figured it was okay.

Could glue be used in intercooler header?

·
Administrator
15,894 Posts
Good news on the turbo actuation. Any air leak after the turbo will reduce boost, so yes, that crack won't help.

I am sure you could seal it with epoxy glue.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts