Nissan-Navara.net banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I just replaced the EGR valve with a new one... I put the truck into the diagnostic mode and held the accelerator for 10 secs to reset everything. It started and I took it for a small test drive. When I turned the truck off it struggled to start again and I got the fault code 1272.

I cleared that and managed to start it but it keeps stalling 3secs after starting pretty much all the time! Any help would be greatly appreciated Im at a loss now!
DTC 1272 is common rail pressure drop, its likely your pressure relief valve situated at the bulkhead end of the common rail, is dumping prematurely. ( Weak spring, or possibly over pressure, which could be SCV related)
The SCV is and end device as in it does not give any input signal back to the ECU. So no fault codes from the SCV-as in never! Just symptoms.
Please read this thread it is excellent for your issue:
http://www.nissan-navara.net/45-d40-technical-library/11260-fuel-pump-fuel-rail-possible-limp-mode-pics.html

Also if you have blanked off your egr, and your egr throws a fault code, it will not effect running at all, so forget your egr for now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the link I've had a read. Mine isn't throwing up that code again apart from the one time and I also have replaced the SCV only 2 months ago. Would you recommend replacing the quantity control valve that people are mentioning?

·
Premium Member
15,733 Posts
Given the engine was running (with an EGR fault) previously I cannot but feel that the non running is a result of a swap of the EGR valve.

It might not be a bad idea to refit the original EGR valve before digging further.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Thanks for the link I've had a read. Mine isn't throwing up that code again apart from the one time and I also have replaced the SCV only 2 months ago. Would you recommend replacing the quantity control valve that people are mentioning?
The SCV is the quantity control valve.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Okay I've changed back to the old EGR valve and the problem is still the same. On startup after a few seconds the revs drop like it's going to stall and it either does or they just hang on and return to normal and then it runs fine! I'm totally out of ideas

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. So it's got a new SCV, a new EGR valve, a new fuel filter and a new air filter. I can't see any fuel leaking from anywhere so not sure what to try next really

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I haven't had a chance to test that with someone else starting the truck yet but here's an update. The stalling seems to have stopped, I just occasionally get a short dip in the revs which recovers straight away. I've added a 500ml dose of Wynns gold stuff for good measure, cleaned the throttle body and now I'm just going to wait and see. Might have even been a bad batch of diesel?

·
Administrator
12,691 Posts
I haven't had a chance to test that with someone else starting the truck yet but here's an update. The stalling seems to have stopped, I just occasionally get a short dip in the revs which recovers straight away. I've added a 500ml dose of Wynns gold stuff for good measure, cleaned the throttle body and now I'm just going to wait and see. Might have even been a bad batch of diesel?
You dont need someone else, just pump it hard and turn the key to see if it runs nicely on startup.
Bad fuel is possible, eg water contamination, but very rare.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Okay so after about 100 miles of using the truck without the problem it just stalled again a few times on startup. The primer bulb doesn't exactly feel solid and it does harder up after a few pumps, then the truck started fine. This obviously could be a coincidence seeing as the problem seems so random and intermittent... Or perhaps it does mean a fuel or air leak. Any tips on how to thoroughly check this? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
To start with it is illegal to remove the EGR or blank it off.blocking it off can cause overheating problems when towing. You can get a cleaner called throttle body cleaner which will dissolve the carbon. clean out excess carbon first then spray. COURSION do not get on plastic or paint work

21 - 36 of 36 Posts