Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a Fix out ? So that you dont have to Agree to a screen full of Rubbish evertime you start the engine and use the Sat Nav.

If there isnt we need to find a fix guys, its driving me mad :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: How to be rid of the Push Enter everytime you start Sat

Brian the Snail said:
Is there a Fix out ? So that you dont have to Agree to a screen full of Rubbish evertime you start the engine and use the Sat Nav.

Yep get yourself an Outlaw....... :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
279 Posts
Brian,

next time you are in the truck push the status button if you push it more that once you get a selection of screens. i have mine set showing what disk/radio station and the Avg MPG and range on the same screen. when you start next time it will defult to that screen and no pushin enter untill you need one of the features like the navigation!!
i will try and post a pic later :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i always have it on Navigation though, so i can see if theres a straight road ahead to overtake ;) :lol:

Not often on anything else.

MPG screen is too depressing :(

·
Registered
481 Posts
Brian the Snail said:
i always have it on Navigation though, so i can see if theres a straight road ahead to overtake ;) :lol:

MPG screen is too depressing :(
Two excellent points Bri :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
think you would need a firmware update
i know NavTweak for bmw's lets you change lots of things you pick all the changes you want then burn a cd put it in you satnav and it reprogrames it but cant find one for nissans

·
Registered
78 Posts
just reading the workshop manual
there is a diagnosis menu
1. start engine
2. turn the audio off
3. while pressing the "setting" switch turn volume dial to left or right by at least 40 clicks when diagnosis function is activated a short beep sounds
press the back switch and the initial system screen will be shown
there might be a way of tunrning off the warning screen in there
dont get my car til next month so cant try it til then

·
Registered
363 Posts

Brian the Snail said:

Hi B the S

I believe this screen is basically a health warning, I have the same on my Pioneer AVIC X1 and it was present on my mercs Comand system nav display

When I contacted Mercedes they informed me that it’s an EEC requirement that ALL in car SAT systems display this warning. Stupid thing is you have to take your eyes and hands off the wheel to effin cancel it? Typical common market [email protected]!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mmm a great idea by the EEC that was, its getting on my nerves now,

I know thaey can be turned off on Bimmers etc using a special device that plugs into the systems, but like others have said it may need a firmware to get it sorted.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

jpd said:
Brian the Snail said:

Hi B the S

I believe this screen is basically a health warning, I have the same on my Pioneer AVIC X1 and it was present on my mercs Comand system nav display

When I contacted Mercedes they informed me that it’s an EEC requirement that ALL in car SAT systems display this warning. Stupid thing is you have to take your eyes and hands off the wheel to effin cancel it? Typical common market [email protected]!

Or kep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel and just press the enter button on the wheel :salute:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts