Nissan-Navara.net banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks Ben

The guide was a written to collate all the methods we had found to work well with the D40, a lot of clever people were involved. :bowdown1

It will be well worth blanking your EGR valve but it would be worth giving it a clean beforehand. If the code comes back after that unfortunatly you will have to splash out for a new EGR valve.

A blank will not cause a fault code on your 07. :thumbright:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks Ben

The guide was a written to collate all the methods we had found to work well with the D40, a lot of clever people were involved. :bowdown1

It will be well worth blanking your EGR valve but it would be worth giving it a clean beforehand. If the code comes back after that unfortunatly you will have to splash out for a new EGR valve.

A blank will not cause a fault code on your 07. :thumbright:
Well i do appreciate how helpfull everybody is on here so thanks to everyone on here your all great.

So if the light comes back on keith, and the valve is most probably broken, would blanking it off but leaving the faulty valve on keep the light from coming on? or would i have to replace it anyway?
And what is the best way to clean it? Is it a very delicate procedure or is it as simple as cleaning it with some clean rags and elbow grease? Lol

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The EGR valve sends and receives electrical messages between itself and the ECU. The fault code is caused because it's not performing as expected, sometimes cleaning fixes it, but some valves are too far gone and need replacement.

Cleaning it will involve a bit of solvent (I like paraffin) as well as some rags and elbow grease. They do get gummed up with carbon and oily deposits.

All the blank does is stop the flow of exhaust gasses into the intake, reducing the chances of future failure due to carbon deposits..

·
Registered
68 Posts
The EGR valve sends and receives electrical messages between itself and the ECU. The fault code is caused because it's not performing as expected, sometimes cleaning fixes it, but some valves are too far gone and need replacement.

Cleaning it will involve a bit of solvent (I like paraffin) as well as some rags and elbow grease. They do get gummed up with carbon and oily deposits.

All the blank does is stop the flow of exhaust gasses into the intake, reducing the chances of future failure due to carbon deposits..
Cool, sounds like i need to get a blanking plate! And is this something i will need to take off for M.O.T's i take it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ahh right well i think i might deffinately consider blanking it. And i will have a look at the egr mod. Also how much do you sell the plates for ?

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Registered
128 Posts

Do you recommend fitting gaskets in both sides of the blank ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
So... the light has come back on... im deffinately going to have to take it off and give it a clean.. do you guys recomend me cleaning it first and putting it back on and then when i next have the chance and time, blank it off? And also what is the besat way of cleaning it? Taking it off completely or in situ? Also i know keith you mentioned parafin but is there anything in a spray bottle like wd40 type thing that is good to spray on and wipe with rags?

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It is worth removing to clean it, this should help: http://www.nissan-navara.net/45-d40-technical-library/49194-remove-egr-valve.html

Paraffin is my favourite (cheap de-greaser)dispensed from a wee garden spray bottle but any solvent such as brake cleaner works just as well. It will be a messy job so have plenty of rags handy.

Blank it once you put it back but if the light comes on again think about a new valve.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have had an issue for a while with mine when starting, it would rev high for a while, sometimes going back to normal idle by itself, sometimes a five minute drive then switch off and back on would see it idling fine again only for next morning, same problem. A lot of people think this is normal due to cold temp starts, but this was in late spring in 14 degree sunshine!.... reset ECU and cleaned MAF etc... works out the battery was on it's way out! replaced with a new one... runs, starts fine!

Reactions: lookskyward1

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi guys just tried to put my 2010 188 bhp nav in to diagnostic mode tried 10 times and could not get the eml blinking wanted to reset the fuel to see if it improves my tick over as i have changed everything else is there something i am missing in this guide?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts