Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a turbo solenoid from eBay last week , and tonight I went to swap it out , only to be faced with a very unresponsive bonnet latch , anyway tried to open with pliers , no go , jumped on bonnet / slapped / punched bonnet all the old tricks , so decided to cut the cable through the grill , sheathed the cable to expose wire , still no go , have searched the forum , found a post from 2014 , but I'd say links have expired , can someone please link me to some instructions to get to the latch it self , or any other ideas that might work .

Regards

Jamie

·
Administrator
12,666 Posts
A couple of previous posts. I found that one person yanking up and down on the bonnet which somebody else pulled the handle worked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update

Had to drill three holes in the grille to unbolt the latch from the car, it was the only way , the cable had jumped out of the latch pull , so there was no way know it was going to open any other way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Three holes in the grille , up top there are three or four solid / blanked holes , I'll dremmel them out to look like the rest of the honeycomb .

Most annoying thing is I replaced the boost solenoid which didn't fix my problem with the boost issue. Anyway I'll keep looking

·
Super Moderator
972 Posts
Nice bonnet catch work around, and nice tidy up and fix after the solution. And very lucky that cutting the cable never tripped you up later.

Shame the boost control solenoid never sorted the issue. Good luck tracing the fault.

I had to replace one the other day, luckily, it was the fault. The truck had a major service, rolled out of the garage and had developed the faulty BCSV whilst on the ramp! Crazy.

What other symptoms does the truck have?

·
Super Moderator
972 Posts
Getting a good BCSV off eBay is very difficult, unless you go mega bucks and get a Blueprint or similar. The price very rarely denotes quality with most unbranded BCSV on the Bay.

·
Super Moderator
972 Posts
I fitted an eBay BCSV to a certain truck once and it certainly fixed the boost problem in that case too, but for some reason made the truck surge under load at around 1800-2000, this could only be detected by the driver, felt through the seat; almost as if the driver was opening and closing the throttle, although the foot was steady. Just a dodgy component.

Here's where it's at really, if you want a "fit and forget" situation: HERE

Compared to THIS guaranteed fail.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I fitted an eBay BCSV to a certain truck once and it certainly fixed the boost problem in that case too, but for some reason made the truck surge under load at around 1800-2000, this could only be detected by the driver, felt through the seat; almost as if the driver was opening and closing the throttle, although the foot was steady. Just a dodgy component.

Thanks for that I ordered one last night ?

·
Super Moderator
972 Posts
@Grasmerestu Make a new thread about your fault so we can follow your progress.

As for the OP; glad you got your bonnet situation sorted (you should also start a thread about the reason why you wanted the bonnet open that day!).

·
Registered
7 Posts

It was doing this today sort of little pulses of boost? I'm waiting for proper valve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice bonnet catch work around, and nice tidy up and fix after the solution. And very lucky that cutting the cable never tripped you up later.

Shame the boost control solenoid never sorted the issue. Good luck tracing the fault.

I had to replace one the other day, luckily, it was the fault. The truck had a major service, rolled out of the garage and had developed the faulty BCSV whilst on the ramp! Crazy.

What other symptoms does the truck have?
Hi, it's been a real head **** replaced scv , cleaned maf, replaced fuel filter , vaccuum lines, I was lucky enough to get a code through ecu reset po237, car is still boosting erratically, pulsating , and loss of power , any ideas ?

·
Administrator
12,666 Posts
Boost Control Soleniod?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts