Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ROB CAN YOU MAKE THIS A STICKY PLEASE BOSS!

Thanks to Boohoo for reading through the workshop manual, resetting ECU and FUEL pump MAY help in cutting down on that horrible tapping noise that the D40 suffers from.
Ive carryed out this reset and the engine is alot smoother, more responsive, less smokey and alot less tappy.

To carry out the reset carry out the following

Turn ingnition on so all dash lights come on.

Wait 3 seconds

PUMP accelerator pedel 5 times within 5 seconds....

with foot now OFF accelerator wait 7 seconds...

After 7 seconds press and hold down accelerator pedel for 10 seconds...

Atfer 10 seconds the Engine Managment Light will start to flash, at this point remove foot from accelerator.

the Nav is now in diag mode, so let the EML flash for a bit. the press and hold the acclerator pedel down for more than 10 seconds..this will then reset ECU and fuel pump etc......and put them into learning mode.

NOTE: When the EML light is flashing, this is listing possible fault codes... so if you know how to read the fault codes or know the sequences then you can figure out any possible faults with your Nav with out getting the dealer to do it!! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: HOW TO RESET ECU AND FUEL PUMP.

Thanks for posting that up Andy you explained it better than me or the manual...it was a good find only took me 4hrs :lol: there is lots of usefull stuff in the manual finding does take some time but better than just taking it straight to dealer :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts

Andy said:

Thanks to Boohoo for reading through the workshop manual, resetting ECU and FUEL pump MAY help in cutting down on that horrible tapping noise that the D40 suffers from.
Ive carryed out this reset and the engine is alot smoother, more responsive, less smokey and alot less tappy.

Wait 3 seconds

Atfer 10 seconds the Engine Managment Light will start to flash, at this point remove foot from accelerator.

the Nav is now in diag mode, so let the EML flash for a bit. the press and hold the acclerator pedel down for more than 10 seconds..this will then reset ECU and fuel pump etc......and put them into learning mode.

NOTE: When the EML light is flashing, this is listing possible fault codes... so if you know how to read the fault codes or know the sequences then you can figure out any possible faults with your Nav with out getting the dealer to do it!! :D
Help

Did mine but EML light is staying on :( How long does it take to reset the ECU Also i did have my Chip connected

·
Registered
4,348 Posts

Oops don't mess about the day before your holiday. But eh I could not resist either, two points:

1. For me this procedure only works when the doors are closed. Unless I did it wrong the first three attempts.
2. I should not have done it as my car was fine, now it seems like the engine has stepped up two gears it is mad very very fast with my dte chip! However it now also smokes at every opportunity, just a slight touch when reversing and I see the smoke. Not in the leaque as warpa used to have but noticeable as I have a side exit exhaust. Better try and tone down the box to 0 power setting.

I wonder what this really does.

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

It put the ECU and fuel pump into learn mode matey.

When i first did it and started it up, my tickout was jumping all over the place really badly but and i drove round and let it adapt everything settled down and engine is now as sweet as a nut. my ECU perameters obviouly have been altered due to the remap so thats prob why mine worked fine, mine is accually smoking less now!

Mybe do your reset with out the box on and go for a drive to let it settle then refit??????

See your ECU is trying to learn what the engine is doing when its in learn mode and if you have the DTE on which is essenually another computer inline putting its 2 pence worth in, it maybe confusing it. :scratch:

This reset is what a forum user has used as he had smoke problems with his DTE. he did the reset and smoke was less. Abyss knows more about it and theres a topic on here somewhere about it.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts

Andy

All ok took it for a good run light stayed on went and had tea came out all OK light off and runs alot better cannot report on smoke as it is pissing down :thumbright:

·
Registered
4,348 Posts

Ah and there was me teaching it how I floor it! Basically the same what I did when I bought it new.

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

dejongj said:
Ah and there was me teaching it how I floor it! Basically the same what I did when I bought it new.
Be gentle with her JP!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts

f150pickup said:
Andy

All ok took it for a good run light stayed on went and had tea came out all OK light off and runs alot better cannot report on smoke as it is pissing down :thumbright:
Update she is a lot better as Andy says smoother and i am producing less smoke :clappy:

·
Registered
4,348 Posts

f150pickup said:
f150pickup said:
Andy

Update she is a lot better as Andy says smoother and i am producing less smoke :clappy:
I'm please to hear as you have a while to go today!

·
Registered
18 Posts

I did this to mine last night but did not notice any major difference. Mine was running fine anyway though so might be why.

After it went into diagnostic mode the engine light flashed 10 times fast,10 fast, 10 fast and then 10 slower.

I think from what I can gather this is an 000 reading so no codes showing up is this right???

·
Registered
581 Posts

Did mine today, Got the same codes as 4.8gu.
I have drove for a while and it doesn't seam any different performance wise, but the bloody injector tapping has gone. :clappy:

·
Registered
491 Posts

4.8GU said:
I did this to mine last night but did not notice any major difference. Mine was running fine anyway though so might be why.

After it went into diagnostic mode the engine light flashed 10 times fast,10 fast, 10 fast and then 10 slower.

I think from what I can gather this is an 000 reading so no codes showing up is this right???
Yeah your right 10 flashes equal 0 for each one, so you had no problems. :partycheer:

·
Registered
4,348 Posts

I've returned from my trip to Poole....Smoke was gone again today and my god this thing pulls...

·
Registered
25 Posts

Andy said:

Wait 3 seconds

andy did this effect your map in any way or did you do it before the map?

jus

·
Registered
18 Posts

Yeah your right 10 flashes equal 0 for each one, so you had no problems. :partycheer:
Ok so the good news with this is that the egr system is not smart enough to cause a problem with (at least the Aus Nav's) management system.

I have had the egr blocked for some time now and have noticed no negative symptoms and it obviously did not show up with any codes so happy days!

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

jus said:
Andy said:

Wait 3 seconds

andy did this effect your map in any way or did you do it before the map?

jus
Has not affected the remap what so ever matey. my engine was starting to become rather noisy with injector rattle etc... did this reset. engine smooth as a nut and pulls alot better. i have let the guys know about this reset that remapped my nav and when the do navs from now on they are gunna do this reset so the fuel pump learns to the remap correctly :D I could prob get them to turn my map up a bit now as theres less smoke now :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts

I told a lie!!! Even though my nav seemed considerably quieter than some of the ones I have driven at work lately I think since I have done this it is quieter again still.

Flat out hearing any rattle at all now so it is sweet. Just seems that little bit smoother.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts