Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped to help a pensioner last week to help him change a blown tyre on the A66, the weather was absolutely atrocious with the rain pelting down. As you can imagine I was soaked through after doing my good deed for the day. When I finally arrived home I switched the courtesy light above the driver to collect some of my paperwork. I then fumbled around and turned the light out however, I also inadvertently hit the one touch sunroof switch, exited the truck, shut the door and went into the house to get changed.

The sunroof was left fully open from 5pm until 10am the next morning in torrential rain! What an absolute mess the interior of the truck was in! Both front and rear leather seats were sodden, the foot well was flooded and there was at least 2 cm of water in the centre consul cup holders. I have been trying to dry it with forced warm air in the garage for the last 5 days. The driver’s seat cushion is now turning white and the leather is looking like it’s about 10 years old. The navi system wouldn’t read the nav disk for the first few days cos of the damp DVD. Strange thing is I done exactly the same thing again 3 days later only this time I hit the “tilt” switch!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Got to say, i did the same in the summer.

only a light shower though, i dried mine out by leaving it running for a couple of days with the Dehumid windscreen function on ( heating and Aircon runs at teh same time ) and it dried out ok.

A vallet company can sort the seats out ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When it completely dries out I will have to raise the carpets etc and give it a good inspection. If it’s really bad I'll give my insurance a call as I defiantly now need 2 new leather seat covers.

Regarding your comments Scarey! Yes! - tears where present but more out of anger at my stupidity rather than the damage done to my truck?

·
Registered
321 Posts
It may be a good idea to call the insurance company now and tell them of impending doom cos by the time you do come to call them then the weather may be better (or maybe had no rain for a few days) and they may smell a rat.

Steve

·
Registered
71 Posts
:shock: a total closure system may be advisable as well, i had an add on to my alfa romeo from i think predetor alarms. worked with the standard alarm although they do have add on alarm systems that work with the CAN BUS system. i used to forget to close my rear door windows,(used to touch them by mistake). solved getting the interior wet and better security to.
dont know about the nissan tho, but if all windows are elecric cant see why, cover sunroof as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.