Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....Thanks Ezzer for providing what was a wonderful site to begin with.
Now we have selected the mods and they have decided it is no swearing, well, thats me done with.
Let`s keep it family......Why, because most of you have families, so I am in the minority yet again.

Just becoming like another branch of mud club.

You should have chosen your mods wisely.

I do not like jumped up little hitlers telling me which words I can and cannot use, the world is a bad enough place as it is without it spreading to a useful website....

I do understand the objections and the reasons for not allowing swear words, but that is all they are, swear words,we use them everyday and they bring colour to a language, but as usual in the time old BRITISH way, we are censored once again, I am not fond of British people, never really got with their blinkered veiw and self righteous path in life, even though on my birth certificate it says british, it is not something I am proud of.

Nevermind, yet another resource that has been restricted by the British mentality.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

att.

·
Registered
175 Posts
:shock:

IMHO - if the swearing is "just swearing" and in context or reference, then I don't see the problem either to be honest.

If, however, the swearing is clearly aimed at an individual or is just an attempt to make somebody look small, then that should be moderated.

I agree with att, swearing is a use of language that is common-place, not necessarily needed, but common-place all the same........... it can add colour to some views and if people take a dim view of it, that's their view, but it doesn't always necessitate "deletion"

I'm not sure there are many under 18's driving Navara's and therefore very few of them will be viewing the site, fewer still will be offended - have you not listened to a bunch of 13yr olds recently! :roll:

To offer a summary......... If it is not aimed at an individual as an "attack", it should be allowed to stand as a comment, colourful or otherwise!

Could you imagine the fuss if Billy Connolly owned a Navara and was a member of our forum : :lol:

G

·
att, please dont call me a jumped up little hitler...i'm not little....as for suggesting that we all use swear words every day , you are definitely in the minority..i read and contribute to many forums and find that you hardly ever find a member using swear words, there is no need for it...if you must use a swear word to express yourself please replace some off the letters with asterisk's so that we all know its a swear word but also know it wont offend any children, ladies or indeed 'little hilters' that are reading this forum.....i try to moderate this forum the best way i think fit and i hope the majority of members are happy the way i do it...if you are not happy with my answer please contact ezzer and i will abide with his decision....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well said scarey

I try my best not to swear when talking face to face or on the phone, If I do swear it is generally a slip of the tongue and if required I will apologise for that slip.

For one to actually type a swear word is just something else.

I am not generally offended by it but there will be those that are. Ok there may not be that many people under 18 on this forum (as they cant drive), but members kids may be hovering around the PC while their parents are browsing. If my child was to see that I was looking at info on the internet that contained swear words then they may think its ok for them to do the same. Thats not on.

When swear words appear in the English dictionary then I will withdrawl this comment, until then, lets try and keep the forum swear word free.

Steve

·
Registered
175 Posts
Tomo said:
When swear words appear in the English dictionary then I will withdrawl this comment, until then, lets try and keep the forum swear word free.
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define. ... &dict=CALD

I don't expect a withdrawal Tomo, but perhaps this will turn into a thread that enrages some and does little to interest others........ that's the point...... swearing is not, to some, all that offensive.

OK, so it's not big, and it's not clever.......... I agree to the extent that directed swearing in an attack is not on. I do try to "disguise" the words, please see http://www.nissan-navara.net/viewtopic.php?t=718

NOTE - Seemingly, there seems to be litte "control" over swearing in the Jokes & Funny's Section - I wasn't aware that it was an automatically noted OVER 18 section?

Perhaps, Scarey, Brian - if att would appear to now be, defiantly, a non-member, we could simply DELETE this entire subject and all its threads and get on with polite discussions about the Navara?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I have a problem, it is embarrassing and I don`t know I am doing it when I am relaxed or have had a drink or two, I just swear.
It has been with me all of my life and I do not know what to do, I have tried counselling, therapy, hypnosis, self help etc.
Nothing works.

I would just like to reiterate that I did not have a go at anyone or anything like on that original thread, so where that idea came from I have not a clue....

·
Registered
175 Posts
att said:
I would just like to reiterate that I did not have a go at anyone or anything like on that original thread, so where that idea came from I have not a clue....
well, perhaps the small reference to a vertically challenged WWII dictator who quashed all those who disagreed with him, was as close as you got! :p

att... that was a big thing to admit mate, my hat is off to you for your startling honesty! 8)

try this.......... say fudge instead of f##k, shoot instead of s##t, beelzebub instead of b######s

small steps mate, small steps

·
Registered
321 Posts
OK, OK they are in a couple of dictionaries

But you go out on a Friday night and start saying those words while in front of a copper and see how long you last.

One warning under S5 (or is it 4, cant remember) of PACE and thats it, your knicked.

Of course, there is the Malicious Communications act 1988 which refers to messages that cause distress to people recieving them to consider.....................

Steve

·
Registered
175 Posts
att said:
Isn`t all that against the human rights bill? :roll:

We even have to supply prisoners with drugs now as it is inhuman not to :roll: .....Our Govt. just settled out of court at my and yours expense.

Roll on the revolution, it`s not that far away. :wink:
Don't you mean..... the effin human rights bill, supplying mofo prisoners with drugs and roll on the pi$$in revolution? :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry, couldn't resist

·
Registered
321 Posts
chunk said:
Tomo said:
S5 (or is it 4, cant remember) of PACE
Malicious Communications act 1988
you need to get out more Tomo! :p
Probably!!

Nice to see this thread hasnt resorted to swearing and calling people names, now that would be uncanny!!

That'll be the ex-copper coming out of me there I guess!!

We have kids that are no more than 5 in our street swearing all day and all night. OK, kids hear swearing at school and use it at home, if their parents chastised them and didnt swear in-front of their kids themselves then the kids wouldnt swear (not as much anyway). Where do they get it from? From us, their parents, mentors and idols. I can swear like a trooper at work but I do resist at home, around ladies, kids and the older generation.

Steve

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.